Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

medium format film scanning

• 15-11-2017 7:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi all, im looking for somewhere in dublin i can pay to use a high quality scanner for medium format film

thanks in advance
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,841 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

give rua red in tallaght a shout - they used to let you pay for time on a hasselblad scanner.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 carlbyrne

nice one, exactly what im looking for, do you remember by chance what they charge??

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,841 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

Has been several years since I last heard about it so I don't know if they still offer the service. But remember thinking at the time that the fees were ludicrously low.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

They were super cheap, like €3 an hour or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

http://www.ruared.ie/about-us/bookings-venue-hire

Its at the bottom.
    €20 flat fee and €3 an hour.

• Advertisement

yeah, was up there the other day, unfortunately the media room a bit of a shambles, holders missing n stuff not working

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭pete4130

Just buy a cheap Epson V500/V750. They are about €250ish so after 13 rolls of film you have broken even on costs and still have the scanner. Its not that hard to use and you have full control over exposure and scanning quality.

I personally have an Epson V500 I bought a few years ago for about AUS$320 and I've easily put over $1500 worth of scanning through it if I was to pay to get stuff scanned so its saved me lots of money.

Quality is really good for the cost of the scanner.

7031582421_6ee8054735_c.jpg

pete4130 wrote:
    Quality is really good for the cost of the scanner.

Thanks for taking the time to post, but that doesn't answer my question, and is not what im looking for, im.familiar with the epson range, thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

http://www.galleryofphotography.ie/activities/artists-digital-studios/

€50 for 3 hours, but you first have to complete a training course which is an additional €50 an hour. You also need to be a member, which is €40 a year.

Advertisement