Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonrath Lusk

Options
  • 15-11-2017 8:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I’m thinking of buying in the new estate in Lusk, Clonrath. Can anyone shed some light on the amenities in Lusk and future developments in the area? Is there anyone else considering buying there?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

moved from c&p forum

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Guys- this thread is in the Accommodation and Property forum now.
    Please familiarise yourself with the charter governing posting in the forum- and if you have any information to offer the OP- please keep within the remit of the question they have posted.

Thankyou.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 RiceCrispy

Personally I wouldnt recommend buying a house in Clonrath and I dont know of any other Lusk residents that would.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 *FireCracker*

RiceCrispy wrote: »
    Personally I wouldnt recommend buying a house in Clonrath and I dont know of any other Lusk residents that would.

Why wouldn't you?

Thanks

Why wouldn't you?

Thanks

My house and many more in Lusk built by same developer. Found to be in breach of building regulations, potential carbon monoxide poisoning due to improper building works. not to mention pyrite.

• Advertisement

As with any purchase, always prudent to check the seller / builders history and previous developments before you commit to buy.

The builder developer of Clonrath is on the " High Risk" list as per Fingal Co Co Building Inspector's email attached. I would personally run a mile.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭seagull

McGarrell Reilly don't exactly have the best reputation around Lusk, courtesy of their reaction to the pyrite issues in Lusk Village. On top of that, many people have found issues that are in breach of building regulations. They're viewed as about half a step up from complete cowboys.

With regards the location of Clonrath - it's pretty much on a water course, and I would worry about issues with damp and potential flooding.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 pakiebonner

Lusk has primary and secondary schools, gaelic and soccer clubs, take aways, a supervalu and a couple of pubs. Plenty of playing fields and green space. there is a lack of restaurants in the town though. However, planning has been granted few months back for a new major town centre which is badly needed as Lusk is no longer the village some locals like to portray is as. Skerries and Rush beaches 5 minute drive away and swords 10 mins.

What people are saying about the builder is true. However much of north county Dublin estates built around the time of pyrite were affected as the quarry producing the tainted back fill was reasonably local. This developer has built a very high percentage of homes built throughout Dublin over the past 20 years with very little negative press. Also, the building regulation amendments 2013 should give the purchaser more security as engineers should have signed off on all aspects of the building. The same developer building clonrath is also doing the town centre.

Comments regarding flooding I am sceptical over. There is a small stream that passes by one side of the estate. I have been on the land where the site is based during winter months a few times whilst out hunting and have never seen that stream anywhere near breaking its banks, probably gets to about 3 inches high max. However, that's only what I've seen in person.

I'm considering Clonrath myself and do think it would be a nice place to live although I do feel the town centre is badly needed to improve Lusk as a town. I am from the locality although not Lusk itself so I know the area well.

Your post is a couple of month old so you have probably already decided but thought I would actually answer your questions as none of the previous respondents bothered to even attempt to.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Hero777

Just wondering did anyone buy in the end in Clonrath? I see the next phase is due to be released soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 pakiebonner

Hero777 wrote: »
    Just wondering did anyone buy in the end in Clonrath? I see the next phase is due to be released soon.
    Yes, I did. Happy to answer any questions you have if you want to DM me.

• Advertisement
Advertisement