Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Privacy issue with a parcel delivered to me

Options
  • 15-11-2017 9:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I started doing a bit of Christmas shopping and late last week I received a parcel from Littlewoods (left under the front mat); every other time, for nearly 10 years, delieveries came in a black bag only with address label... this was just a box...
    My eldest daughter (8) took it and there she read: ‘Harry Potter Trivial Pursuit’... She was so happy I got her what she is asking Santa for this year!
    I was utterly disappointed.
    Do you out there think it is correct that contents of the parcel are ok to be visible on the box just like that? Is there no privacy at all?
    I find it really unfair... Littlewoods answered me that well... some products go out straight from the supplier not them and good luck.

Any thoughts on this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭beechwood55

Maybe get parcels delivered to a family member or friend (parcels containing Xmas presents for children I mean). That's what we used to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

There is usually an option to hide this info. When ordering. Not sure about littlewoods

• Registered Users Posts: 3 roque1978_irl

Maybe get parcels delivered to a family member or friend (parcels containing Xmas presents for children I mean). That's what we used to do.

I know. But I’ve done my Christmas shopping with them for years now and never before had a problem. Anyways... thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,634 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

Its unfortunate and its not something you'd see coming but then 'Harry Potter Trivial Pursuit' is innocent enough, not like some sex toy or something else where you'd expect discreet packaging.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 roque1978_irl

😂 Your are right!
    Its unfortunate and its not something you'd see coming but then 'Harry Potter Trivial Pursuit' is innocent enough, not like some sex toy or something else where you'd expect discreet packaging.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

NOw you can give her the present from you. Can’t let Santa have all the credit!

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭TheBigEvil

I started doing a bit of Christmas shopping and late last week I received a parcel from Littlewoods (left under the front mat); every other time, for nearly 10 years, delieveries came in a black bag only with address label... this was just a box...
    My eldest daughter (8) took it and there she read: ‘Harry Potter Trivial Pursuit’... She was so happy I got her what she is asking Santa for this year!
    Do you out there think it is correct that contents of the parcel are ok to be visible on the box just like that? Is there no privacy at all?
    I find it really unfair... Littlewoods answered me that well... some products go out straight from the supplier not them and good luck.

Any thoughts on this?

I agree it is very disappointing, but sometimes you cant legislate for what way something gets sent, even if covered in plain wrapping it could get ripped.

You should check out http://www.parcelmotel.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

What a nice surprise for the little girl. Life is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭jimd2

Any thoughts on this?

Maybe it's a hint to sometimes do shopping like this from a standard B&M shop.

I do some online shopping but would never purchase a sensitive item like this online where my kids in a case like this could get to it first.

Schoolboy error OP.

Advertisement