Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Afternoon tea in Kildare.

Options
  • 15-11-2017 10:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone has any good/ bad experiences with afternoon tea around Kildare? Looking to treat the mammy in law and one of her friends as a Christmas present. Ideally somewhere that has a relatively luxurious feel but also very tasty food. I've googled a few places but would appreciate some real feedback. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭TheShow

Kilashee is good, wife has been a good few times and rates it as good as in Dublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Barberstown Castle

Afternoon tea, with those danty little ceramic cake trays

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,097 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Barberstown is fabulous. The K club is another option.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭MotorMike

You couldn’t pass Killashee

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭Carrie6OD

+1 for Barberstown.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Speedsie
    ¡arriba, arriba! ¡andale, andale!

Barberstown was the first that sprang to mind when I read Afternoon Tea. A gem.

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭ger vallely

Thanks so much for your time and thoughts. Would Barberstown or Kilashee be more 'grand?' As that's the kind of thing I'm looking for. Something she'd love but never buy for herself, a real experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭Carrie6OD

Thanks so much for your time and thoughts. Would Barberstown or Kilashee be more 'grand?' As that's the kind of thing I'm looking for. Something she'd love but never buy for herself, a real experience.

Barberstown for sure. It’s a beautiful castle for starters and their afternoon tea is served with fine china and silver spoons. A gorgeous treat.

Advertisement