Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What county has the tallest average height in Ireland?

• 15-11-2017 11:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭

There is probably a well established scientific research paper published behind this, but sure its Wednesday.
    I was talking to a Sligo man and he reckoned the Yeats people are the smallest, that why they are a soccer county, not the garrison at all, true or not here is the question.

I reckon its Mayo, Kammy was impressed.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

What's your favourite humming noise?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,409 ✭✭✭corner of hells

anna080 wrote: »
    What's your favourite humming noise?

Four and I can smell the colour blue .

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,063 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

voz es wrote: »
    There is probably a well established scientific research paper published behind this

I very much doubt that ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭DredFX

No idea, and even if someone were willing to waste the money to find out, I'd imagine the height differences would be negligible. Most areas I've been to have the same demographics: mostly 5'7 to 5'9, good few at 6'0, some 6'2, and the occasional cloud-kisser to round things off.

Suppose there'd be a few short-arses also, but we won't mention the genetically inferior.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

The Wee county for sure.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Jim Bob Scratcher

Dubs are the smallest I reckon, but we have bigger willies than the rest of ye hillbillies :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭server down

Just anecdotally I would say north county Dublin (not the city), the richer parts of the southside of Dublin and Cork county.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭fineso.mom

I've a cousin from Dublin who is tall and a cousin from waterford who is short so Dublin has the tallest obviously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

voz es wrote: »
    There is probably a well established scientific research paper published behind this, but sure its Wednesday.
    I was talking to a Sligo man and he reckoned the Yeats people are the smallest, that why they are a soccer county, not the garrison at all, true or not here is the question.

I reckon its Mayo, Kammy was impressed.

I think you're bang on the money. Before the minimum height for coppers thing was tinkered around with, mayo lads were punching well above their weight in the force for their relevantly small slice of the overall population of the country.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,523 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Kerry. Am I right?

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭CFlat

I'd say it's the county that has the tallest average height parents.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

In their socks or in their shoes?

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭guapos

Donegal, county of giants

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭donegaLroad

guapos wrote: »
    Donegal, county of giants

Dun na nGall; Fort of the Foreigner, na nGall referred to here are the Vikings.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭ChunkyLover54

Antrim. 'Cos that's where Giants Causeway is, obviously. Case Closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭ChunkyLover54

...or Longford.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Why would anyone care about this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭JenovaProject

anna080 wrote: »
    Why would anyone care about this?

Its very important public information.....I think.

Advertisement