Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home cooler system

• 15-11-2017 11:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

Had a draught beer system installed in my new house recently (cooler, regulator, taps etc)

Have Guinness and lager taps installed. Since it has been put in however, the Guinness hasn't been great. It tastes fine, but doesn't have the creamy texture (?) that you get in your local pub.

Is this something to do with the gas set up? I've read that Guinness uses a special mixture (using nitrogen), but I asked the guys who set me up and they basically said the gas they supplied works for both Guinness and lager.

My Guinness settles within seconds of pouring and doesn't hold its head very well (after a couple of sips it looks pretty miserable)

Is there anything I can do to get a better pint? Spent a few quid on the system so a bit disappointed with what I'm getting. Not a pint I'd be proud to have people around to taste.

Any advice appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,895 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

More information needed, I think. What gas mix have you got?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

You'll have to contact BOC about their Suremix and sell will they rent to you.

Other than that is to stink a sparkler on your tap
    1426592042-24482500.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Sounds like there is no filter on the Guinness tap, unscrew it and there should be a little silver disc inside with a few holes. Guessing you have suremix 25 for gas. Is the regulator a mixed one?

Advertisement