Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Target shooting with .22lr

• 16-11-2017 12:14am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭

Hi lads, I'm in the process of getting a .22lr again. I'm looking for info on target shooting with one. Basically is there competitions ran like say clay shoots where you can turn up on a Sunday and sign in and shoot or is it all done through clubs, having to be a member. Is there a certain type of barrel length and gun weight or scope power allowed? What I'm interested in is prone shooting off bipod but maybe that's not a disipline. Any info much appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,064 ✭✭✭clivej

Best look at the NASRPC website for info on the competitions run for 22lr rifles.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭NASRPC

fiestaman wrote: »
    Hi lads, I'm in the process of getting a .22lr again. I'm looking for info on target shooting with one. Basically is there competitions ran like say clay shoots where you can turn up on a Sunday and sign in and shoot or is it all done through clubs, having to be a member. Is there a certain type of barrel length and gun weight or scope power allowed? What I'm interested in is prone shooting off bipod but maybe that's not a disipline. Any info much appreciated

NASRPC offer competitive opportunities, on a National and International basis, throughout the island, in a range of disciplines suitable for a bolt action 22lr.

All their competitions are Open to everyone.

Clubs, throughout the country also offer club matches, some in the prescribed disciplines from the NASRPC National Circuit, others in other prescribed disciplines, yet more in local club disciplines.

Prone shooting, with a bipod, is "Field Sporting Rifle" which is a 40 shot match at 50m.
    For this the overall weight of the firearm, including scope and bipod, must not exceed 10.5lbs. There is no magnification limit.

There is also "Sporting Rifle" - the same match, same weight limit, no magnif limit - but the only support permitted is a single point sling.
    This is somewhat similar to the Olympic Prone shooting, but with a Scoped "Sporting Rifle", rather than a "Target Rifle"

There is Factory Sporter Benchrest - a 50 shot match, benched, @ 50m. Max magnification 12x, but you can just set your scope to that and its fine.

There is "25m precision" - a 30 shot match, standing, freehand @ 25m.

There is "50m Precision" - a 30 shot match, standing, freehand @ 50m.

There is also "Timed & Precision 1" - a 30 shot match with shots at 25, 15 & 10m.

There is also Silhouette shooting, out to 100m, currently offered by BRC Shooting Club, East Coast Shooting Club and Fermoy Rifle Club.

Occasionally there is 100m Prone and 100m benchrest, but not often, as not many ranges have the facility. Lough Bo in Sligo, MNSCI in Offaly, An Riocht in Kerry, ECSC in Wicklow, Bracken in Tyrone would be some to talk to about those.

And plenty more besides.

So, when you feel it is time to pit your skills against others, there will be plenty of opportunities for you to do so.

See you on the range.

NASRPC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭extremetaz

Checkout Bullsey 360 at Midlands - you need to have insurance, but it's otherwise open entry. Runs once a month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭fiestaman

Thanks very much lads, that's exactly what I wanted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

You could also try benchrest shooting with the NRBAI and your .22. Depending on what your picking up.

Check us out on FB https://www.facebook.com/NRBAI
    or
    email me for more info at sescretary.nrbai@gmail.com

Sharon.

• Advertisement
Advertisement