Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Huge Complaint about opening account! Driving me Crazy!!

Options
  • 16-11-2017 1:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

[font=arial, sans-serif]Could anyone tell me what happened? This is the worst thing I have ever had in my life. [/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]First, I went to the bank, filled with all the information and gave them the proof of address and my ID, which they asked for. They said I would get a text in 3 days and the card by post in 5 days. [/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]I have been waiting for 10 days and got nothing. [/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]I went back to the Malahide bank. They said my application got rejected. How come my application got rejected without noticing me and wasted my 10 days for waiting for nothing! And then they asked for my Bank statement back home in Hong Kong. [/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]I brought my financial statement to them the day after. They rang me and said, they also needed my employment letter stating I am employed. How come they didn't tell me what you really need from me the very first day I applied and wasted me for so many days for waiting for nothing! [/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]I asked for my employer for employment letter and brought to them last Thursday. One of the staffs asked me if I know who is in charge of my account and she couldn't do anything without knowing who is responsible for my account. How could they make such stupid question and how would I know their internal work division? I brought back the letter you wanted and what I got was you cant promised me anything. She said she would try her best. [/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]Today I rang them. Your staff said my documents already been sent to central but she had no idea what went wrong and why did not anyone open account for me. So, she made me re-do everything from the very beginning - to apply for bank account. [/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]I have spent more than a month on this issue and I am so sick of your service. Could anyone explain to me what the heck just happening? And I re-do everything a month later - today and how long should I wait for my account? [/font]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Kareana

Hi Dollars Ho,

We are sorry to hear of the inconvenience this has caused you.

Can you please let me know if you applied for the account online or in the branch?

Please be assured I will pass your feedback on.

Usually when you apply online for an account you would receive a text message around three days later with the IBAN and BIC once all the relevant documents are submitted.

Thanks,

Kareana  

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Dollars Ho

I applied the account in the Malahide Branch more than a month ago. And I applied again the second time yesterday also in Malahide Branch. I didnt get any text message nor phone calls about the application of my account. Please pass my feedback on and explain everything to me. 

Hi Dollars,

Thanks for your reply.

As you have made a new application in branch the process has restarted.

Rest assured you will be contacted once the account becomes active.

In relation to the previous opening application if you wish to log a official complaint please see here.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can help you with.

Thanks,

Kareana

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Dollars Ho

I am even not sured if my new application is really got handling right now. I have no faith and am not secured. Could you help check for me? My name is MEI YUEN HO. 

Hi Dollars, 

Again we are sorry to hear you feel this way. 

We wouldn't have access to that information here.

If you have just reapplied there would be no update yet however you can contact our account opening team shortly on 0035314044034 and an advisor will be able to help you. 

I would advise you to wait till the 3 working day as mentioned above you should receive the IBAN and BIC within this timeframe.

Please be assured I will pass your feedback on.

Thanks,

Kareana

• Advertisement
Advertisement