Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fever Ray European Tour 19th February - 6th April

Options
  • 16-11-2017 1:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,590 ✭✭✭✭

Fever Ray have announced a brief European tour for early Spring, there is a gap of tens days between their Manchester gig on 21st March and the next one in Lund, Sweden 31st March, so would they do a standalone in Dublin, what venue would be suitable for the group, Vicar St or The Olympia or perhaps a bigger venue. Perhaps they will do some more gigs in the summer, would be nice if they cropped up at Body & Soul festival or Electric Picnic.

https://www.spin.com/2017/11/fever-ray-tour-2018-dates/

FEVER-RAY-Tour-Poster-1510581591-compressed.jpg

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,988 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

I felt the tour announcement had a sense of being final but I'd love it if you were right about the gap after the UK. Saw them at the first album, ages ago now, and it was like nothing else I've ever seen!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

I've a feeling she might be leaving us out. I've seen her play a couple of times, great show. Was really packed out in the tent at Electric Picnic though. Think I remember her being on late on a very rainy Sunday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Sandwell

I'd imagine she'll do the festival circuit later in the summer. That was the pattern after the first album. We saw her in London in the spring (still one of the best shows I've ever seen) and then she appeared later on that year at Electric Picnic. Seeing her on a wet Sunday night in a tent paled somewhat in comparison to the Royal Festival Hall.

She played Oxegen the year the album came out, 2009, and Electric Picnic the following year. The Oxegen gig was great as it was in the dance hanger and the crowd was pretty small. Plenty of knackers annoyed it wasn't some house DJ!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,590 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

There was a great atmosphere at the EP gig and she played as the Knife in 2013 with Olof, so I can imagine them turning up again, their tours tend to take in a two year period, split into a bunch of gigs in each part. So if they do EP they will probably do Bestival and festival no 6 too.

• Advertisement

Got a ticket for London show in the presale on Tuesday. Never got the presale code despite being on the mailing list but Dicefm had tickets on sale. Was very tempted to wait to tomorrow and try get a ticket for the Stockholm show but figured London would be cheaper and easier to get to. The new album has grown on me a bit since I first listened to it but I hope she'll include at least a few from the debut as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Anyone have any pre sale codes or know anything about them. I'd love to see her perform and I'm sure it'd be worth a trip.

Arghus wrote: »
    Anyone have any pre sale codes or know anything about them. I'd love to see her perform and I'm sure it'd be worth a trip.

The general sale is Friday 17th @ 10am GMT.
    In the meantime try the DiceFM app and you might find presale tickets still going for either London or Manchester. I'd never used that app before (or even heard of it) but they seem legit. I paid £32.45 for my ticket so they don't charge an outrageous markup like Viagogo or Seatwave do...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Got tickets for Amsterdam.

A crazy few days await.

Karin done an interview with the Guardian newspaper, fairly interesting, she talks about the reasons for the video To the moon and back.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2017/nov/18/fever-ray-pleasure-patriarchy-political-revolution-plunge-karin-dreijer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Saruwatari

I only got into the first album around the time of her last gig here and missed it, really hope she doesn't skip out on Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

She's playing Body&Soul

That's great news. Hopefully it won't be on the Sunday night.
    Swedish based designers are doing all the graphic design and identity for Body and Soul this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Evil Sausage

Effects wrote: »
    That's great news. Hopefully it won't be on the Sunday night.
    Swedish based designers are doing all the graphic design and identity for Body and Soul this year.

They've already announced that shes playing the Friday - not only that, but apparently curating the whole day.

Not going this year and bummed as wanted to see Fever Ray for years now

They've already announced that shes playing the Friday - not only that, but apparently curating the whole day.

Not going this year and bummed as wanted to see Fever Ray for years now

Just go dude, thats all you can do.

Advertisement