Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Traffic in the city around 9.30am

Options
  • 16-11-2017 8:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,478 ✭✭✭

I need to visit galway regional in the near future for a few appoointments around 10am travelling from clarecastle. This week I went to galway clinic and was at coolagh roundabout at 9.30 but amazed at queues!! is this the norm? I thought work would be 9.30 start.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Yes, traffic is always bad but between 8 and 10 it's usually even worse with all the commuters

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

There's no guarantee of getting a parking space in the hospital at that hour unless you have a disabled parking permit. I've seen folks wait for 20 - 40 mins in the queue for the car park.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭what_traffic

swoofer wrote: »
    I need to visit galway regional in the near future for a few appoointments around 10am travelling from clarecastle. This week I went to galway clinic and was at coolagh roundabout at 9.30 but amazed at queues!! is this the norm? I thought work would be 9.30 start.

Ya its the norm for the car traffic to be like this on many of the approach roads into Galway City at this time during the school terms.
    There is a P&R Shuttle at Merlin Park Hospital to UCHG
    See
    http://www.galwaytransport.info/2009/07/city-bus-services.html
    not 100% if this is open to the public though?
    the 404 bus from Oranmore also an option but infrequent. Bus lane from Galway Clinic to the Bon Secours Hospital helps to bypass this car traffic on the Old Dublin Road

• Registered Users Posts: 5,478 ✭✭✭swoofer

thanks all they should all be in work at 9.30am, only joking, nice to see a place busy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

A lot of the city traffic is related to schools so you are still seeing the end of that at 9.30am.

I echo what others have said about parking at UHG. You’d be better to aim for 9am, get parked and have a coffee, rather than being stuck in traffic then no parking.

• Advertisement
Advertisement