Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How much do you save a month?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

My mother and father all ways tought me to save.

As during the bad times basicly we had no money and I learned how to valve a Euro thanks to that and save for the rainy day as i had it and just in case save again

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭Dr Crayfish

LewisR wrote: »
    Save €2000 p/m. €500 p/w of my €1100 weekly wages into the Credit Union.

Haven't a clue what I've saved up. Well over €150k anyway.

asl?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,788 ✭✭✭Beta Ray Bill

Geuze wrote: »
    Less than 20% of my net income, just 450 pm.

Not great, hoping to increase it in Jan 2018.

Of course, repaying loans is also saving, and that figure is 650 pm for me.

So really I'm saving 1,100 pm.

True, but you're saving into a savings account with a negative interest rate!
    Which unless you're a billionaire, is never a good thing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,329 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

I have no idea how people can save that much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

I have 7 kids. The idea of savings is an alien concept to us. I do earn a decent enough wage and we could definitely do with trimming some of the needless expenses (take aways and other silly wastes of money that help the week go by)... Savings though? No hope.

This post would have been golden if u were on the welfare and were able to save a few quid each month - opportunity squandered

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

LewisR wrote: »
    Save €2000 p/m. €500 p/w of my €1100 weekly wages into the Credit Union.

Haven't a clue what I've saved up. Well over €150k anyway.

One post user bs.

If you are clearing 1100 a week means your earning like 2k a week. On less extract highly skilled not a hope

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

I have a radio in my car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Approx 35% of net salary. No loans.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

I'm saving approximately 33% of my net pay each month at the moment towards a house deposit

• Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭Diemos

I save approx 20% at the minute. But I don't understand how many many people say they can't save but drive new cars.Maybe that's why they cn't save, all their money goes on the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 amondenise

Me about €1,100 on averge. Just wondering how this compares to everyone else and people who are saving for mortgages either on their own or with a partner.

Well done. Anything above €1000 in my opinion is very good!

Personally I save about a grand aswell per month on my own.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,426 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Is the assumption that anyone who saves 1k a month is loving at home?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

Is the assumption that anyone who saves 1k a month is loving at home?

That or renting a cheap shared house.

I did before but I've a mortgage to pay now, bills and I'm lucky to save much nowadays. Definitely should be keeping a better eye on my outgoings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,426 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Irish_rat wrote:
    That or renting a cheap shared house.

And the cheap shared house isn't in a major urban area.

If I work full-time, anything between $1000 and $4000 depending on how many extra hours I do. I hit that 4k mark a few years ago and my life was so unbelievably bad, I'll never work like that again. 40 hours in front of a class feels like 200 in front of a computer.

That's teaching English in Asia. Anyone can do it if they're willing to work hard and have a knack for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭nim1bdeh38l2cw

About 3-3.5k

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

I have a direct debit set up through work to put €200 from my wages into the credit union every month, have done so for years. I've cleared it out on occasion over the years and then started from scratch again. Come to think of it, I could probably afford to save more than that as I don't have an extravagant lifestyle and my mortgage and expenses are manageable right now. I might look into that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭ginandtonicsky

Anywhere from €1,000 to 2,000 per month. This month was a bit flush with a pay rise and bonus payout so I’ve saved €3000. About €70k in savings so far.

Used to be a lot more mathematical about it but these days I just save X amount and the rest I can blow in whatever way I want. Usually after rent and bills that ends up being mostly far too much on food and clothes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,275 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Saving is for losers

Just get yourself up the pole 7 times. 50k cash into your hand from the SW. Then go down the country and rob a load of old people.

Spend it all as quick as you get it. Don't be at that saving shite. That's only for eejits

Then get a free mansion in whatever location takes your fancy

Happy days

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Momento Mori

Savings rate is currently 60%.
    Rent is 25%.

Advertisement