Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opinions about Louth Village?

Options
  • 16-11-2017 8:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭

Hi

We are looking at moving to Louth Village and just wanted to get locals or outsiders opinions about the place? We have 2 sons under the age of 3.
    Would the primary school have a good reputation? Is there a GAA club in the village and stuff for kids to do?
    My husband likes a pint or 2 on a Saturday are there any pubs close by to walk too?
    Also are the locals friendly to new people moving into the village?
    Just trying to get a feel for the overall Village before we make a big move and purchase a house.
    Thanks again in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Barnavave

I'd be looking at Tallanstown if I was buying in that area, much nicer village.

I am not a local, hopefully you will get some comments from someone living in the village, but I know it well enough. Pubs are all within walking distance, so you'll have no worries on that end. Eamo' and Sarks being the pick of the bunch.
    St Mochta's is the local GAA club and have a good underage set up again the club is within walking distance. Can't comment on the quality of the school, hopefully others will help.
    It's a typical small village, you'll always be an outsider, but I have always found it to be a friendly enough place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭peejay1986

Barnavave wrote: »

I am not a local, hopefully you will get some comments from someone living in the village, but I know it well enough. Pubs are all within walking distance, so you'll have no worries on that end. Eamo' and Sarks being the pick of the bunch.
    St Mochta's is the local GAA club and have a good underage set up again the club is within walking distance. Can't comment on the quality of the school, hopefully others will help.
    It's a typical small village, you'll always be an outsider, but I have always found it to be a friendly enough place.

I find that to be very harsh. I know people who have moved to Louth Village from both local areas and abroad and they've all integrated very well. They've made lots of friends through schools, clubs etc.

Heard good things about Louth Village as a place to live. It's quiet but close to Dundalk so you have the option of visiting there for amenities or social life.

St. Mochtas GFC has a very good reputation within Louth and its facilities are impressive, especially for a team from a small village.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Barnavave

peejay1986 wrote: »

I find that to be very harsh. I know people who have moved to Louth Village from both local areas and abroad and they've all integrated very well. They've made lots of friends through schools, clubs etc.

Heard good things about Louth Village as a place to live. It's quiet but close to Dundalk so you have the option of visiting there for amenities or social life.

St. Mochtas GFC has a very good reputation within Louth and its facilities are impressive, especially for a team from a small village.

Would you live there?

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭padohaodha

I lived there for a year once..quiet village,pubs were dead,people chatty enough (compared to Dundalk). I'd recommend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭peejay1986

Would you live there?

Yes, wouldn't bother me at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭conor05

Seems be to be a Village with a good community spirit and locals are friendly.

St Mochtas also seem to be a very good up and coming team with a booming underage structure.

Advertisement