Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Socket inside wardrobe. Can i bring it out via extension lead ?

Options
  • 16-11-2017 9:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭

I have recently fitted built in wardrobes and a double socket was high up in the corner and is now inside the wardrobe.
    The wall is half wardrobe, half shelf and I want to put my child's ps4, tv etc on the shelf.

Is it appropriate to use a 4 way surge protector lead and plug it into the socket inside the wardrobe and then place it on the shelf. This would mean leaving the socket switch on permanently.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

batman1 wrote: »
    I have recently fitted built in wardrobes and a double socket was high up in the corner and is now inside the wardrobe.
    The wall is half wardrobe, half shelf and I want to put my child's ps4, tv etc on the shelf.

Is it appropriate to use a 4 way surge protector lead and plug it into the socket inside the wardrobe and then place it on the shelf. This would mean leaving the socket switch on permanently.

Yes you could but if possible switch off devices when not in use and make sure no clothes cover them.

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭batman1

Is it possible to get an extension lead that has a built in isolation switch, ie to switch off the 4 sockets ?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

batman1 wrote: »
    Is it possible to get an extension lead that has a built in isolation switch, ie to switch off the 4 sockets ?

There is. You could also use a timer if you wanted.

Those extension leads can have a switch for each plug.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

batman1 wrote:

Yes I've a good one being used for that I'll see of I can find it . Not expenive

Advertisement