Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nest Install not working

Options
  • 16-11-2017 11:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭

I got Nest installed a month or two ago and when the guy was here, he couldn't get it to work properly and said it was an issue with something existing in the house.

Essentially, when you increase the temperature on the nest, the boiler clicks but doesn't fire.
    When I boost the hot water (or its on by timer) the boiler fires and works fine. If I increase the temp on the nest, the heating comes on, if I decrease it, it goes off.

It sounds to me like a wiring issue but the nest installer said it was a three-port valve electrical/plumbing issue.
    I have had 3 people look at it all have said different things but all said that it sounds like a wiring problem and to get electric Ireland back out.

Is there anyone who will be able to look at it and actually fix this? I'm sick of the blame game and hearing that they can't solve problems, only install it...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,229 ✭✭✭LeinsterDub

alexlyons wrote: »
    I got Nest installed a month or two ago and when the guy was here, he couldn't get it to work properly and said it was an issue with something existing in the house.

Essentially, when you increase the temperature on the nest, the boiler clicks but doesn't fire.
    When I boost the hot water (or its on by timer) the boiler fires and works fine. If I increase the temp on the nest, the heating comes on, if I decrease it, it goes off.

It sounds to me like a wiring issue but the nest installer said it was a three-port valve electrical/plumbing issue.
    I have had 3 people look at it all have said different things but all said that it sounds like a wiring problem and to get electric Ireland back out.

Is there anyone who will be able to look at it and actually fix this? I'm sick of the blame game and hearing that they can't solve problems, only install it...
    Is your old timer still in place?  If your old timer is still in place and is off nothing you do with your Nest will make any difference 

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭alexlyons

nope the old timer is gone, nest in its place

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi alexlyons,

We are sorry to read it.

The best people to help you are Electric Ireland's dedicated Home Services team, who can be contacted on 1850 372 333.

Their telephone lines are open until 6pm Monday to Friday.

Best regards,
    Una

Hi Una,
    I have been on to the Home Services Team numerous times and they are no help, hence I am looking an actual solution

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi alexlyons,

If you private message us the relevant Electric Ireland account number, stating that you are the account-holder and confirming your name as it appears on the account, address and date of birth, we can review the matter for you and speak to someone on your behalf.

Best regards,
    Una

• Advertisement

thanks, sending pm

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭sparky63

Look for a refund as its not working to your satisfaction. If they cant answer what's wrong, demand a refund. Talk to a few heating companies about what your needs are, they will survey your heating system or tell you depending on your system whats suited  to your needs.

Advertisement