Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jingle Bells 5k 2017

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Donore Harriers

RasTa wrote: »
    I think €21.40 for a 5k is taking the P a bit

Hi RasTa,

We do try to keep the race as financially competitive as possible given the costs that come with organising the event. The €1.40 admin charge is not a hidden charge and is applied by the company that looks after the registration process and does not benefit the club. There is the alternative to register, which is by postal entry and costs just €1 on top of the registration fee.

We like to have a competitive race too but it is and always has been, a family fun run as well. As such it attracts up to 300 kids and the registration fee for any under 16s is just €5, €5.35 with admin fee or €6 with postal fee. Effectively there is nothing made on under 16s even though they are not chipped timed.

Also unlike many similar races we will post out your race number for that same postal fee of €1 per pack (>€1 outside Ireland) if you register by Nov 24th. Which is the bulk of our entries.

If you do decide take part in Jingle Bells we'll do our best to make it a good, enjoyable event. If you decide to run further afield we hope you'll enjoy that too.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Battery Kinzie

What time can you collect number until on the day?

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭chickey2

Cheers

According to the leaflet I got today in my race pack you can collect numbers from the club house between 8:30am and 10:30am.

Cheers

Hi,

We will be sending out info by email to all registered and our website will be updated soon. ...You can collect your race number on Friday between 12pm and 7pm at our clubhouse or on the morning from 8.30am. We would encourage you to try collect on Friday and avoid delays on the morning if possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Battery Kinzie

chickey2 wrote: »
    According to the leaflet I got today in my race pack you can collect numbers from the club house between 8:30am and 10:30am.

Hi,

We will be sending out info by email to all registered and our website will be updated soon. ...You can collect your race number on Friday between 12pm and 7pm at our clubhouse or on the morning from 8.30am. We would encourage you to try collect on Friday and avoid delays on the morning if possible.
    Cool, thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Birdsong

My number came in the post today

• Registered Users Posts: 18,487 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Any suggestions as to where would be best to park for this? I'm coming from the south of the city but wouldn't be all that familiar with the area.

I did the half marathon last year and parked at that Hole in the wall pub, would that be a good choice again or are there more obvious places that would be closer to the start line?

I don't mind walking over and don't want to fight for spaces, but at the same time if there was a good car park somewhere closer I might as well use it!

Any suggestions as to where would be best to park for this? I'm coming from the south of the city but wouldn't be all that familiar with the area.

I did the half marathon last year and parked at that Hole in the wall pub, would that be a good choice again or are there more obvious places that would be closer to the start line?

I don't mind walking over and don't want to fight for spaces, but at the same time if there was a good car park somewhere closer I might as well use it!

Hole in the wall not a bad option. The Garda boat club on Chapelizod road a good option too - http://www.donoreharriers.com/jingle-bells-5k/

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Birdsong

Great race today, fantastic set up and really well organised. Well done donore

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭gawker

Yeah a great race, and nice mug. Some really nice touches like the bells and band. I even had my best time in over 2 years! Will make it an annual trip, well done organisers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭hawkwing

Great race as expected-thanks Donore,3rd mug:) First 5k in 2 years,need to do more short ones.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

When (and where) do we get the results?

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭purple cow

They're just gun times - do we get chipped times?

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭purple cow

click on your name.....

Ahh, thanks!!! Got it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Huzzah!

This is quickly becoming one of my favourite races to do. It’s so well organised and friendly. The PB-friendly course helps, too. Well done to all involved!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,417 ✭✭✭Lazare

Yeah, a fantastic race, thank you Donore. Got to meet a few boardsies too, oh, and a 40 second PB. Chuffed with that.

Thanks all that made today a great success. Competitors, participants and supporters. Well done to all and hope you enjoyed it.

Results: http://www.donoreharriers.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Donore-Harrier-Jingle-Bells-5k-Results-PDF.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭skyblue46

Thanks all that made today a great success. Competitors, participants and supporters. Well done to all and hope you enjoyed it.

Results: http://www.donoreharriers.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Donore-Harrier-Jingle-Bells-5k-Results-PDF.pdf

Really enjoyed the day but I can't find myself in the results. Can you help please?

• Advertisement

skyblue46 wrote: »
    Really enjoyed the day but I can't find myself in the results. Can you help please?

Send PM with your details and we'll take a look into it for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Fantastic race, it and rathfarnhan are by far the best 5ks in Ireland. 7sec pb here so happy out. Over 250 athletes sun 20 mins, that's some going.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭AuldManKing

Donore Harriers:

In the Mens team event, I think there was a mistake.
    MSB had John Coughlan, Shane Healy and David Troy.

Sean McSeoin was listed as MSB's 3rd scorer rather than David Troy.

I think this change would move MSB higher than their 4th place (even a possible 1st place).

There was a similar issue with the womens results last year that seen MSB's ladies team NOT win when they should have won.

Donore Harriers:

In the Mens team event, I think there was a mistake.
    MSB had John Coughlan, Shane Healy and David Troy.

Sean McSeoin was listed as MSB's 3rd scorer rather than David Troy.

I think this change would move MSB higher than their 4th place (even a possible 1st place).

There was a similar issue with the womens results last year that seen MSB's ladies team NOT win when they should have won.

Cheers AuldManKing we already have it noted. Not sure if MSB were notified yet. Think the previous error was two years back and was a case of the wrong info supplied at registration.

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭JosDel

Thanks Donore for another well organized Jingle Bells.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 goneirileat

Just wondering if anyone knows if the Jingle Bells 5k is going ahead this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Ultraman100

Sure is

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭scotindublin

Jingle Bells will be going ahead December 1st this year more details to follow in due course

Great event and ideal for those coming off marathon training or looking for a fast 5k to close out the year.

Advertisement