Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Point-of-sale system with recurring payments option

Options
  • 16-11-2017 11:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I need a Point-of-Sale system that can allow me to set up recurring payments (essentially, subscriptions).

To my surprise when I started researching this, I can't find a POS system that can do it. All the big payment processing services (Sage, WorldPay, Clover etc.) can obviously do it online, but none seem to be able to do it with their POS systems.

I've also struck out with smaller providers like PayementSense, SumUp and iZettle. Square do have a "recurring payments" option with their POS, but I don't think they operate in Ireland, and I can't see a timeline on when they might.

Does anyone know of a processor that can do it? I'm starting to lose hope I'll find one to be honest.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

I'd imagine a system intended for a gym or somewhere like that would have that sort integration. I don't think you can even do it with shopify pos and that's obviously something that's straightforward from a website from them. Looks like epos have a gym set up. They pitched to me before and I quite liked it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Treehouse72

jimmii wrote: »
    I'd imagine a system intended for a gym or somewhere like that would have that sort integration. I don't think you can even do it with shopify pos and that's obviously something that's straightforward from a website from them. Looks like epos have a gym set up. They pitched to me before and I quite liked it.

Thanks for the reply Jimmii.

On the bolded but, is there a company called "epos" or are you using the generic term? I can't find who you might be referring to online.

If I recall correctly, each time I've signed for a gym, I've had to go through the whole online sign-up process (name, address, card details etc. and agree to a direct debit.) What I'm really looking for is the customer paying in-store with a normal swipe/tap (+ PIN entry if applicable), and for me to be able to turn this into a recurring payment/subscription on the spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Thanks for the reply Jimmii.

On the bolded but, is there a company called "epos" or are you using the generic term? I can't find who you might be referring to online.

If I recall correctly, each time I've signed for a gym, I've had to go through the whole online sign-up process (name, address, card details etc. and agree to a direct debit.) What I'm really looking for is the customer paying in-store with a normal swipe/tap (+ PIN entry if applicable), and for me to be able to turn this into a recurring payment/subscription on the spot.

Should have been epos now. When I spoke to them they were happy to add any sort of functionality you would need so I'd imagine they could handle that sort of thing no problem. I just oversaw the installation of a new system and one of the things that was asked in their pitch was about DD integration and they were like yeah no problem we'll have that sorted soon. They are now saying end of Jan for it to be available and it was end of Jan this year we started using them its been a nightmare!!

I think its telling that places like gyms and cinemas make you sign up via a terminal even if you are actually there as their till systems don't do it. If cineworld don't have a system that does it there's probably a good reason!

Advertisement