Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmin Vivoactive hr/3, Fenix 5 for golf

Options
  • 16-11-2017 12:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭

Just wondering has anyone used any of the Garmin multi-sport watches for golf? Particularly the Vivoactive hr/3 and the fenix 5. I have a old Garmin G5 approach which i will be replacing with one of these). There isnt many reviews on the Golf app for these watches.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭searay

Just wondering has anyone used any of the Garmin multi-sport watches for golf? Particularly the Vivoactive hr/3 and the fenix 5. I have a old Garmin G5 approach which i will be replacing with one of these). There isnt many reviews on the Golf app for these watches.

I've just bought a Garmin vivioactive 3 but haven't used it on the course yet. It'll be interesting to see how it compares to my Golf Buddy GPS. I'm not playing until next weekend but will let you know then how it compares.

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭searay

I used the garmin vivioactive 3 alongside my golf buddy world for nine holes today. Hadn't bought the garmin for golf but it does the job. It gives distances to the centre of greens, without any hazards marked.

The distances were pretty much the same on 6 holes with the biggest difference on the other holes being around 4 metres. I think that's just down to where they've defined the centre of the green.

I can't say which one was actually right but the margin of error from 150 metres is reasonable.

I had to have my phone with me to find the course but it was fine once I was playing. If you intend to use it primarily for other sports it's a good option.

If you only intend to use it for golf buy a gps with hazards included.

Advertisement