Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

business loan/investor

Options
  • 16-11-2017 12:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭

Have a client who is looking for a 3rd party loan/investor. small enough amount in the region of €25,000 .

Outside of the usual channels of Credit union or bank loan either in a business or personal capacity , micro finance,family etc where is the best place to secure a business loan or investor from a 3rd party

Have had a look in Sunday business post etc but its not something that I have looked into before

Any suggestions welcome

Brief
    €25,000
    Security given
    pay back after 12 months
    or pay back over 36/60 months

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Crowd lending, (e.g. Linked Finance) might be worth a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Fionn101

have they exhausted all of 'The Usual Channels' ?

Using methods outside of these incur a higher repayment rate.

Last year Micro-Finance were offering 7.8% , Banks were around 11% and Credit Union was not much better.

Is the investment for expansion , paying off of debt, or buying more time ?
    (this would help with answering you a little better.)

Is there a current tax clearance certificate ??

Cheers,
    Fionn

• Registered Users Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭lakill Farm

Expansion only.
    And tax clearance cert

Credit Union 8/9%. Bank 5.5a% and micro is as below. (1% discount if you apply via LEO)

Fionn101 wrote: »
    have they exhausted all of 'The Usual Channels' ?

Using methods outside of these incur a higher repayment rate.

Last year Micro-Finance were offering 7.8% , Banks were around 11% and Credit Union was not much better.

Is the investment for expansion , paying off of debt, or buying more time ?
    (this would help with answering you a little better.)

Is there a current tax clearance certificate ??

Cheers,
    Fionn

I have to say it rings a few bells that they won;t seek credit through a normal lending provider. Is there a history of missed repayments and is this is what needs to be hidden from future lenders ?

to answer your question, you could crowd fund which is probably what you are after, most loans repaying at 9% are auto-filled in seconds.

secondly would be an investor , however you would need to have full clear financials and pass due diligence.

Failing all of these, there are providers (at higher interest rates) who deal with loans for those with credit history issues (I am merely guessing on the limited info provided).

And please do not pay it back over 12 months , it would be more concerned of a default with higher repayments , as it kills cash flow.

hth,
    Fionn

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

Fionn101 wrote: »
    to answer your question, you could crowd fund which is probably what you are after, most loans repaying at 9% are auto-filled in seconds.

What's this?

• Advertisement

https://linkedfinance.com/
    offers loans to Irish SME's via peer to peer lending.

basically a number of investors will take a piece of the loan action, and interest rates and payouts are handled by Links software.

I have never taken one of these loans so I can;t say much more about them, I have read a few of the threads on boards about using linked as an investment vehicle.
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057529370

probably looking at rates of 9-11% from recent reading, and this place is usually a course of action for those who have exhausted all of the regular lending avenues.

hth,
    Fionn

Advertisement