Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

World Cup 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Added "Finalists: Brazil & Germany @ 12/1" to my bets in post 82.

Spain manager sacked this morning won't be ideal prep.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭Danick

I followed you on the under 5 points. Thanking you

Which bookie is offering that bet? Sounds good - thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Danick wrote: »
    Which bookie is offering that bet? Sounds good - thanks!

365 have it very good value I may be tempted to back them not to qualify from group @ 2/1 aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭Danick

365 have it very good value I may be tempted to back them not to qualify from group @ 2/1 aswell

Thanks a million for letting me know - your second bet sounds tempting too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

If you backed the very first game of that Brazil, Spain, Germany win all 3 games and Panama and Iran lose all 3, and kept spinning the winnings into each next game, then even allowing for the odds shortening due to momentum etc it'd end up over 300/1. They weren't nabbing too much margin at 250/1 but 150/1 is certainly not value. It's rare to find any value in those type of multiple that look enticing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    If you backed the very first game of that Brazil, Spain, Germany win all 3 games and Panama and Iran lose all 3, and kept spinning the winnings into each next game, then even allowing for the odds shortening due to momentum etc it'd end up over 300/1. They weren't nabbing too much margin at 250/1 but 150/1 is certainly not value. It's rare to find any value in those type of multiple that look enticing

I checked the first one I did at 150/1 which was Panama and Iran to lose all games, and Brazil and Spain and accum odds only worked out about 50/1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Was just about to lump more onto Spain to win outright but don't know what to do now.

Odds have come out to 13/2 on 365 but not sure if that's good enough given what's happened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

I checked the first one I did at 150/1 which was Panama and Iran to lose all games, and Brazil and Spain and accum odds only worked out about 50/1.

All the group games are there on oddschecker. Works out at over 300 for all those with Germany

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,857 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

S.M.B. wrote: »
    Was just about to lump more onto Spain to win outright but don't know what to do now.

Odds have come out to 13/2 on 365 but not sure if that's good enough given what's happened.

Big issue is they play Portugal on Friday, a game they could easily lose if their heads aren't together. Of course they should still regroup and qualify, but they would face a quite likely route to victory that goes through Uruguay-France-Brazil-Germany.

Anyway, my main investments are Brazil and France to reach the final
    Also backing:
    Top scorer: Lukaku, Muller, Ronaldo
    Winner/TS doubles: Argentina/Messi, Germany/Werner, France/Griezman
    Highest scoring team: Uruguay
    Also done a few group accas and am honing a couple of top team scorer accas to round things off.

Big issue is they play Portugal on Friday, a game they could easily lose if their heads aren't together. Of course they should still regroup and qualify, but they would face a quite likely route to victory that goes through Uruguay-France-Brazil-Germany.

Anyway, my main investments are Brazil and France to reach the final
    Also backing:
    Top scorer: Lukaku, Muller, Ronaldo
    Winner/TS doubles: Argentina/Messi, Germany/Werner, France/Griezman
    Highest scoring team: Uruguay
    Also done a few group accas and am honing a couple of top team scorer accas to round things off.
    I thought Portugal had little to no chance to win that game and was going to if Spain heavily to win but now I am not so sure. Especially if the odds have not been adjusted accordingly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Also took a nibble on Costa Rica, Panama, Iran and Saudi to each score under 3.5 goals in the tournament at 11/8.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,656 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Lewa Top Scorer @25-1,2e free bet for every goal he scores

Isco Golden Ball 22-1

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭ratoath25

I like this bet at 20/1 in pp

Brazil to reach Final, France & Spain to reach QFs and Serbia, Croatia & Uruguay reach last 16

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

ratoath25 wrote: »

Brazil to reach Final, France & Spain to reach QFs and Serbia, Croatia & Uruguay reach last 16

Any link to this? I can’t seem to find it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,182 ✭✭✭Guffy

Uruguay-egypt forecast 4/1
    Russia saudi btts 6/4
    Saudi to score and get 5 corners 9/1 (PP special, small bet for conrers interest)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,558 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Lewa Top Scorer @25-1,2e free bet for every goal he scores

Who is doing that special ?

yabadabado wrote: »
    Who is doing that special ?

PP on line only,your 1st GS bet only

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 826 ✭✭✭FLOOPER

Hi,

What do people think go the offer from Betfair promo for new accounts Russia to beat Saudi Arabia 100/1.

One euro bet and free bets have to used within 1 week.

Still tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭jbt123

I'm not sure if it's a value bet, it probably isn't, but as a bet for pure interest -

Couthino, Messi, Eriksen, De Bruyne and James Rodriguez all to score from outside the box 125/1 with Paddy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭ratoath25

ratoath25 wrote: »

Its under whatoddspaddy 10/1 to 24/1

FLOOPER wrote: »
    Hi,

What do people think go the offer from Betfair promo for new accounts Russia to beat Saudi Arabia 100/1.

One euro bet and free bets have to used within 1 week.

Still tho.
    I can't find this on their site? And where do the free bets come into it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 826 ✭✭✭FLOOPER

S.M.B. wrote: »
    I can't find this on their site? And where do the free bets come into it?

I found it on Oddschecker

https://promotions.betfair.com/sports-acq-uk-ep-russia-saudi-zfbdqe?utm_ad=294485281&clkID=44366_B6A16324C57B43B492191FAF66A61239&rfr=44366&ttp=111&pid=2991788&bid=9262&dclid=CPy7uYiO0dsCFcqo7QodhPAI3A

PP are seemingly doing the same bet for new customers.

The 100 euro will be awarded as free bets after and if the bet wins.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭Ginger83

Winner France/ TS Giroud 125/1

• Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Guffy wrote: »
    Uruguay-egypt forecast 4/1
    Russia saudi btts 6/4
    Saudi to score and get 5 corners 9/1 (PP special, small bet for conrers interest)

Nice tip, you can get 17/10 with Betway and 888. Daesh Lite The Saudis have scored in 4 of their last 5 matches, including against Germany and Italy, and Russia have only kept 1 clean sheet in the last year, against New Zealand in the Confederations Cup. Then again, can you really read that much into friendlies?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Neymar to win the golden ball 9/1 (pp max 20 ) will do for interest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭Ginger83

Nice tip, you can get 17/10 with Betway and 888. Daesh Lite The Saudis have scored in 4 of their last 5 matches, including against Germany and Italy, and Russia have only kept 1 clean sheet in the last year, against New Zealand in the Confederations Cup. Then again, can you really read that much into friendlies?

I did a small bet on Saudi, Panama and Iran to score no WC goals 66/1, have a feeling Iran will let me down.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭robwen

Griezmann top France scorer
    Lewandowski top Poland scorer
    Mandzukic top Croatia scorer
    14/1

What do folks think of that is Mandzukic Croatia's main goalscorer?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,312 ✭✭✭munster87

Small on Saudi BTTS 22/1 for interest tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Germany 5/1
    Griezmann top scorer 10/1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

David De Gea Golden Glove 4\1

Iran U2 points 8\11
    Morocco 2 or 3 points 7\4
    Costa Rica U2 points 11\10
    Peru U3 points 13\8
    Russia U5 Points 6\4

Egypt to top group 11\2
    Croatia to top group 9\4
    Senegal to top group 9\2
    Portugal to top group 2\1
    England to top group 6\5
    France Brazil and Germany to top group 12\10
    Uruguay and Brazil to top group 11\10
    Saudi and Costa Rica to finish bottom 13\10

To Qualify Yes - Belgium,Argie,Brazil,Germany, To Qualify No - Morocco,Saudi
    Croatia and Poland to Qualify 13\10

England E/W outright 16\1
    Brazil E/W outright 4\1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,931 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

griezemann was top in euro with 6 goals, not sure what price he was then (think i was on him at 4s along with france)

liking the 14s on griezmann now (Betstars)
    france 7/1

france /griezmann 33/1

A random selection

James TGS E/W - 60/1
    Brazil Over 6 Points/Uruguay Over 6 Points/Germany Over 6 Points/Colombia over 5 Points - 19/2
    Russia 0 Points - 100/1
    Denmark/Peru Dual Forecast - 20/1
    Uruguay/Egypt Forecast - 7/1
    Colombia/Senegal Forecast - 7/1
    Reus Top German Goalscorer - 9/1
    Milik Top Polish Goalscorer - 8/1
    Panama Under 2 Points - 7/10

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

robwen wrote: »
    14/1

Don’t like Mandzukic there. Far better chance of Perisic or Kramaric being their top scorer.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Uruguay Brazil and Germany to top their groups is 2/1, I think that's a great bet

robwen wrote: »
    14/1

Here’s a guide to top team scorer betting for anyone interested. The guy has a very particular approach but there’s a lot of useful general info on the market
    https://betting.betfair.com/football/football-tips/world-cup-2018-specials-team-top-goalscorer-revealing-the-hot-shots-120618-719.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Here’s a guide to top team scorer betting for anyone interested. The guy has a very particular approach but there’s a lot of useful general info on the market
    https://betting.betfair.com/football/football-tips/world-cup-2018-specials-team-top-goalscorer-revealing-the-hot-shots-120618-719.html

That was a pretty shítty write up

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Med101007

Anyone any thoughts on the opening game today? Is it worth backing Saudi Arabia? Presume the Russians will be a bag of nerves for the first game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,558 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Med101007 wrote: »
    Anyone any thoughts on the opening game today? Is it worth backing Saudi Arabia? Presume the Russians will be a bag of nerves for the first game.

Think I'll do Saudi DC. 15/8
    Or BTTS 6/4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Russia to win btts 9/2 on PP at the moment.

Just noticed its 10/3 also on there site outside of the offers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,303 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

All bets done I think, liking the one in bold

Brazil & Neymar TGS 16/1
    Brazil & Suarez TSG 150/1
    Spain & Neymar 80/1
    Spain & Griezmann TGS 100/1
    Spain & Suarez TGS 175/1
    Spain & Lukaku 150/1
    Spain & Giroud 250/1

Forecasts:
    Spain, Portugal
    Uruguay Egypt
    Germany Mexico
    Belgium England
    Poland Colombia
    Argentina Croatia
    1650/1

GL all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Canonfan

Almost halp of the 23 man squad play for the same club, so it is really teamwork that makes a difference in such a high pressure situation.

I think BTTS or Saudi DC.

I have a strong feeling for 1-1 :D

Think I'll go with the draw at 3/1

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭DK224

I could see Russia coming out of the blocks fast but looking back on previous host nation openers, but maybe a mixture of nerves and a resolute Saudi team can upset things in the 2nd half?
    A little nibble on Half-time/Full-time = Russia/Draw at 18/1 is my bet!

Lol not getting the draw on this anyway!

When I saw the score line I thought the russians had come up with another Salenko to blow away all of our top scorer bets...

When I saw the score line I thought the russians had come up with another Salenko to blow away all of our top scorer bets...

Showing ur age there,unfortunately I remember it well too:)

• Registered Users Posts: 37 werenotthere

why is everyone going on about egypt as a threat to russia?? there team is full of domestic league players and salah... surely russia will beast them out of it with a bit of soviet power

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Panama to finish bottom of their group is 1/2. I actually think that's a great price.

why is everyone going on about egypt as a threat to russia?? there team is full of domestic league players and salah... surely russia will beast them out of it with a bit of soviet power

I thought that too. But not with enough conviction to include Russia in any of my group accas...

• Advertisement

I thought that too. But not with enough conviction to include Russia in any of my group accas...

Ya never know Egypt could do okay buts lets face it Salah having an absolute freak season at a very popular club is the driving force behind all the mention of them at this world cup.

Otherwise no one would think twice about them.

Advertisement