Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

World Cup 2018

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭9de5q7tsr8u2im

7/5 Lovren to be carded inplay PP special

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,015 ✭✭✭shmeee

shmeee wrote: »
    Free in play punt on Kane over 0.5 Assists @ 14/1

A few half chances, set up Lingard but couldn’t make anything of them.

I say it’s a game where not much hit, low enough corners and cards also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Expect Cro to score 1 (or more) in the ET after Eng have lost their way slightly, but hoping they don't for enhancement @151.

5ynBhwr.png

One of a few specials taken, and only small dollas' on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

Croatia to win in extra time @ 7/2

ET

Over 3.5 Asian Corners @ 2.050

Count 2 @ HT ET

ET

Over 3.5 Asian Corners @ 2.050

Count 2 @ HT ET

And she hits. Grandest!

shocksy wrote: »
    Croatia to win in extra time @ 7/2

That covers some losses.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭brilou23

I thought this was up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

And she hits. Grandest!
    I needed England to get 1 more corner in normal time, they had around 35mins but couldn't manage it

• Advertisement

I'm going with France to beat Croatia in 90 minutes in the final @ Evens

I think it's a great price, especially as Croatia have now played 120 minutes three matches in a row. I think France will be much fresher and overall a better rounded team.

I reckon Evens will be gone by kick off on Sunday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭byronbay2

Here's part of one of my posts from exactly 4 years ago (11/07/14):

"In the 9 3rd/4th place WC playoff matches since 1974, ALL of them have had 3 or more goals - 6 of the 9 have had 4 or more. It is a match where the pressure valve is released and teams can go and play without worrying too much about the result."

The bet clicked again 4 years ago so it is now 10 in a row for Overs. I see no reason for the run to end this year so will be lumping on in the England-Belgium match on Saturday. 1.68 is the best price at the moment (Marathon) and that is a perfectly acceptable price but I will wait and hope for a drift to over 1.7 later in the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭rekluse

rekluse wrote: »
    Over 1.5 goals , 3+ corners each team , each team 1+ card @ 7/2 looks like a decent bet for the semis with PP.

Only got to catch bits of both matches with work but I think this got done by over 1.5 goals in France /Belgium which is a bit sick. I’ve had a brutal World Cup, got 23£ Left in PP if anyone has any good ideas to turn into 100£ over the last 2 matches so I can withdraw and be done with this godforsaken thing it would be greatly appreciated !

• Registered Users Posts: 34 howdido

Over 1.5 goals , 3+ corners each team , each team 1+ card @ 7/2 looks like a decent bet for the semis with PP.

Only got to catch bits of both matches with work but I think this got done by over 1.5 goals in France /Belgium which is a bit sick. I’ve had a brutal World Cup, got 23£ Left in PP if anyone has any good ideas to turn into 100£ over the last 2 matches so I can withdraw and be done with this godforsaken thing it would be greatly appreciated !

A simple Belgium and France double would do it for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Dont know if PP will have odds for it but tomorrow there is a friendly Basel - Feyenoord.

Feyenoord is far from complete on a training week i nSwitzerland and lost to Young Boys already yesterday.
    The 4 or 5 players who went on WC duty arent there for feyenoord and they have made up de the numbers with U19 players.
    Talented as they are, some of them are only 17
    The Swiss teams are starting their league next week already while Feyenoord is only in their 3rd week of the pre-season

Young Boys was @2.05 for the win yesterday, anything close to that for Basel to win should be considered.
    Then you might only need 2 DC's in the last 2 WC matches to get to your goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Glenbhoy

France -1 11/4. Though the point about the 3rd place play-off holds, over 2.5.
    It may well be that these same 2 teams (Belgium b v England b) have already met (damn u januzaj). Team news eagerly awaited on that one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Glenbhoy

brilou23 wrote: »
    I thought this was up

90 mins only? Pp use whoscored.com for settling purposes, so u can check on there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,931 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

think france are near impossible to oppose on sunday

really like belgium at 5/4 but as it's a nothing match I'm not sure if it's worth
    the risk

Everyone on the france train here just like how everyone hopped on croatia to beat the russians in 90 mins.

Seriously it doesn’t matter if they’ve been in 3 extra time matches.
    Its a world cup final...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Everyone on the france train here just like how everyone hopped on croatia to beat the russians in 90 mins.

Its a world cup final...

I don't think that will matter much, but I do think France have too much class. They're a very different proposition to England or Russia. Croatia can definitely give them a headache though, they've a lovely blend of physicality and technique. Should be a fascinating final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

E

Its a world cup final...

Doesn't matter if it's the World Cup final or the Leinster Senior Cup Final - it takes it's toll. Not to mention France have an extra day rest. It's obviously going to give at least a slight advantage to France whether you like it or not.

• Advertisement

Third place play-off strikes me as a good but unusual betting opportunity.

Every one going back to 1978 has seen three to five goals scored. Covering every correct score from 3 to 5 goals excluding the 4-0s and 5-0s but including the 2-0s as insurance gives you -

14 bets @ 1pt = 14pts outlay

Profit - 10/14 (+1, +4, +5, +7, +9, +9, +17, +20, +22, +27pts)
    Loss - 4/14 (-2, -3, -3, -5pts)

Of course, if the scoreline falls outside this window for the first time since 1974 you lose 14pts but you have a fair bit of past form (the last 10 matches) that go against that happening.

Something for the mad scientists out there maybe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,857 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Have also backed Kane to cover all bases on Golden Boot and Modric for Golden Ball

Am fairly sanguine about Kane but Modric not so much. With Mbappe round evens, you'd have to think he's a shoe-in if France win, unless Modric absolutely bosses the final. So I'm mulling €100 on Mbappe as a hedge, but am slightly worried someone else might sneak up on the blindside, Griezman or Pogba say. I think that would be a sign from above for me to give up gambling...

Am fairly sanguine about Kane but Modric not so much. With Mbappe round evens, you'd have to think he's a shoe-in if France win, unless Modric absolutely bosses the final. So I'm mulling €100 on Mbappe as a hedge, but am slightly worried someone else might sneak up on the blindside, Griezman or Pogba say. I think that would be a sign from above for me to give up gambling...

Lukaku will be itching to start against a weakened England team to get his two goals I'd say. Kane looked f***ed by the end last night.

Think it comes down to assists in case of a tie?

2ndcoming wrote: »
    Lukaku will be itching to start against a weakened England team to get his two goals I'd say. Kane looked f***ed by the end last night.

Think it comes down to assists in case of a tie?

Am on Lukaku as well, plus Ronaldo, Costa etc. Kind of defeats the purpose of gambling I know...:rolleyes:AFAIK bets in this market are covered by the usual dead heat rules, although the actual award is determined by assists.

Why do lads not back Top Goalscorer instead of Golden Boot? At least with Top Goalscorer you'd get some payout if a tie and don't get dusted on assists. Never understood it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭Dots1982

Don’t buy the narrative I’m hearing that France don’t have a weakness. Their midfielders and strikers aren’t scoring really seems an obvious one.

Every one going back to 1978 has seen three to five goals scored. Covering every correct score from 3 to 5 goals excluding the 4-0s and 5-0s but including the 2-0s as insurance gives you -

Of course, if the scoreline falls outside this window for the first time since 1974 you lose 14pts but you have a fair bit of past form (the last 10 matches) that go against that happening.

really like those stats and am torn between belgium/bts 29/10 and belgium and over 3.5 at 4/1

you have to feel both will go all out attack, fancy belgium to win by two myself
    they may well have been the best team in it.

Croatia v France Over 4.5 Cards Prematch €25
    Croatia to lift WC Inplay €25

Belgium v England BTTS & Draw
    Over 2.5 Goals Croatia v France
    Double €15 returns €161

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭NinetyTwoTeam

Already lumped on the over 2.5 and over 3.5. Lots of reasons to expect offense to be the order of the day. Golden boot chasers, it's a 'revenge' game, the last one was low scoring because winner topped the group, this one will go the othe way i reckon. even the two semifinals these teams played in were more open than the final score would suggest imo.

obviously the bookies think so too. what other games the entire tourney were odds on over 2.5? Spain vs Portugal maybe? most were odds on under 2.5. even the over 3.5 is only 6/4ish.

obviously the bookies think so too. what other games the entire tourney were odds on over 2.5? Spain vs Portugal maybe? most were odds on under 2.5. even the over 3.5 is only 6/4ish.

Spain v Portugal over 2.5 was 5/4

Brazil v Belgium was 4/5

A few other games too where big teams were playing weaker sides but in any game where it was 2 top team the majority of the overs were odds against.

The bookies don’t be wrong too often.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭Danick

Spain v Portugal over 2.5 was 5/4

Brazil v Belgium was 4/5

A few other games too where big teams were playing weaker sides but in any game where it was 2 top team the majority of the overs were odds against.

The bookies don’t be wrong too often.

Overs looks sweet - hoping for a slow start once it hits evens I'll take over 2.5 and I'll go again if goaline 2 hits evens - thanks for the great tips - love this site for knowledge like this.

Danick wrote: »
    Overs looks sweet - hoping for a slow start once it hits evens I'll take over 2.5 and I'll go again if goaline 2 hits evens - thanks for the great tips - love this site for knowledge like this.

I’ll be sitting and waiting in play also till we get a price around evens.

Again bet will depend on what teams line out more than anything to be honest.

Ps. Wexford +6 @ 1/2 in the hurling is a nice price to add to a soccer bet if lads want something to bump up a bet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Anyone had a look at player of the tournament?

Modric at 2/1 he's been player of tournament so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭Raving_Magic

I’ll be sitting and waiting in play also till we get a price around evens.

Again bet will depend on what teams line out more than anything to be honest.

Ps. Wexford +6 @ 1/2 in the hurling is a nice price to add to a soccer bet if lads want something to bump up a bet.

You think Wexford will stay close to Clare? I'm thinking overs in the Belgium-England game myself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Lukaku to score a header @7/1
    De bruyne score from outside the box @8/1

big bet for me on belgium at 13/10

smaller on belgium and over 3.5 4/1

treble of belgium france and kerry -3 at arounds 8s also

You think Wexford will stay close to Clare? I'm thinking overs in the Belgium-England game myself

I’d be confident enough of Wexford holding their own. They aren’t a 5/2 shot to be fair I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭Danick

Quick start - took your advice and coupled overs with Wexford +6 - goaline won’t be back for a while - looks like it might come back after half time - England look like they have no interest in being there

2.5 is evens now on bet365

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Overs in this game not looking likely.

• Advertisement

mailburner wrote: »
    big bet for me on belgium at 13/10

smaller on belgium and over 3.5 4/1

treble of belgium france and kerry -3 at arounds 8s also

one will just have to do

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

Anyone know if woodwork was hit in game?

jobeenfitz wrote: »

no woodwork

mailburner wrote: »
    no woodwork

Aw shucks! Thanks Mailburner.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭madmax72

Was looking at a bet today it was France to score 2+ goals and France to get 6+ corners at 9/2.Does 2+ goals mean 2 goals or more or does it mean more than 2 goals ie 3 goals or more

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

madmax72 wrote: »
    Was looking at a bet today it was France to score 2+ goals and France to get 6+ corners at 9/2.Does 2+ goals mean 2 goals or more or does it mean more than 2 goals ie 3 goals or more

Just need them to get 2 or over 1.5 if you like

France aren’t great for corners though - 5 is the most they’ve had in this tournament. They had 0 against Argentina.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭madmax72

Just need them to get 2 or over 1.5 if you like

Thanks

With Mbappe round evens, you'd have to think he's a shoe-in if France win, unless Modric absolutely bosses the final. So I'm mulling €100 on Mbappe as a hedge, but am slightly worried someone else might sneak up on the blindside, Griezman or Pogba say.

Okay Hazard coming in to 7/1 since today's match has spooked me out of this. Just can't trust the Mbappe or Modric or no-one consensus...Thinking of backing Mbappe for MOTM in the final instead but 5/1 is hardly brilliant odds...

Okay Hazard coming in to 7/1 since today's match has spooked me out of this. Just can't trust the Mbappe or Modric or no-one consensus...Thinking of backing Mbappe for MOTM in the final instead but 5/1 is hardly brilliant odds...

https://www.oddschecker.com/football/world-cup/golden-ball-best-player-award

22s with betv is the best now which I just took for a fiver, may as well at the odds but 7s seems like a joke
    if mbabbe or modric have stinkers tomorrow then who knows?

14s next best betstars, pp 10s

edit: 6/1 betv now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

qsgMQB.jpg

Bb7KPE.jpg

• Advertisement
Advertisement