Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus denying European Union regulation 261/2004 under extraordinary grounds

Options
  • 16-11-2017 1:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭

As above.

Ive requested proof of this but is there anything else i can do to strengthen my case?

I feel this is just a way of them avoiding the 600 id be due.

Any help is greatly appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭BeardySi

Not going to post any actual details then?

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Delta_Raven1

BeardySi wrote: »
    Not going to post any actual details then?

Well i was travelling to Bangkok via Heathrow in January and my flight from Dublin to Heathrow was delayed by 1.30 hours and i missed my flight to Bangkok and wound up getting there 9 hours after i was due to land

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭amcalester

And the reason for the delay?

amcalester wrote: »
    And the reason for the delay?

At the time they said it was due to the incoming plane being delayed

The email i recieved said

"Airlines under European Union regulation 261/2004 may be required to provide compensation for flight delay. Exceptions to the rule are in cases where a delay is caused by extraordinary circumstances, including Air Traffic Control Restrictions leading to operational difficulties. This was the basis for the disruption on this occasion and therefore unfortunately, no compensation is due."

However they provided no evidence to support same which they are required to do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

ryan91 wrote: »
    Well i was travelling to Bangkok via Heathrow in January and my flight from Dublin to Heathrow was delayed by 1.30 hours and i missed my flight to Bangkok and wound up getting there 9 hours after i was due to land

A delay of 1 hour 30 minutes does not entitle you to anything.

(Unless all flights were bought on a single ticket)

• Advertisement

A delay of 1 hour 30 minutes does not entitle you to anything.

(Unless all flights were bought on a single ticket)

They were all on a single booking

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

How are you out of pocket €600? If all of your flights were on the one ticket, there should be no additional charge for a spot on the next available flight.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,022 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Doodah7 wrote: »
    How are you out of pocket €600? If all of your flights were on the one ticket, there should be no additional charge for a spot on the next available flight.

The 261 compensation.

They need to tell you the actual reason for delay of the first flight but it is likely that it is in fact excluded.

I've recieved further update

"I can confirm that the information in my previous correspondence is correct. Flight EI162 was delayed as a result of Air Traffic Control restrictions that were beyond the control of the airline and as such no compensation is due on this occasion.

Please be advised that flight reports are confidential internal information that cannot be disclosed to a third party. If you remain unhappy with this outcome, I respectfully advise that you contact the Commission for Aviation Regulation."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭vectorvictor

Second this, Aer Lingus from experience do not defend they pay. My own case was by my own reckoning borderline and was rejected twice by Aer Lingus, 25quid to small claim court and I had 250 x 2 a couple of week later

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

As above.

Ive requested proof of this but is there anything else i can do to strengthen my case?

I feel this is just a way of them avoiding the 600 id be due.

Any help is greatly appreciated

Do you have any proof otherwise - or just want to scam a few hundred compo?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

@CeilingFly - mind the tone please. Please be civil to other posters or the next time will incur mod action.

dudara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

Advertisement