Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Used Planet X

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

I have Campagnolo Zondas on it at the moment.
    When I bought the Planet X, it had Planet X branded wheels, which were alright, but not great.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,451 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Eamonnator wrote: »
    As it happens, I have a Planet X Pro Carbon and a Canyon Ultimate CF SLX.
    I love both bikes. I use the Planet X much more than the Canyon. I'm saving the Canyon, it has to last me until my 70th birthday.
    Both are very comfortable, but I have carbon bars and seat posts on both bikes, that might help with comfort. I have flexibility problems, due to arthritis, but I have no problem with either bike. In fact, in the last couple of years, I have taken a couple of spacers from the steerer tube of the Planet X. I am able to set up both bikes, so that they have the very same measurements.
    I have my Planet X 4 years(I think) Paintwork is great and with threaded bottom bracket and all external cables, it's very easy to work on.
    Cheers, food for thought in the never ending thinking about new bikes! Looking like a shoot out between Pro Carbon, Canyon and a late entry with the Ribble Sportive Racing!

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭mamax

Eamonnator wrote: »
    I have carbon bars and seat posts on both bikes, .

What type and style carbon bars did you get I've been thinking of changing the alu bars to carbon on mine

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

mamax wrote: »
    What type and style carbon bars did you get I've been thinking of changing the alu bars to carbon on mine

I have Hylix bars and seat post. The bars are compact, shallow drop. I bought them on EBay in September 2016. They were quite cheap and I'm sure that lots of posters would tell you to steer clear of Chinese handlebars. I've had no problems with mine, cheap, light, strong.

https://www.ebay.ie/itm/Hylix-Ultra-Light-ERGONOVA-Full-Carbon-Compact-Road-bike-Handle-bar-31-8mm-180g/301853624698?hash=item4647e0c97a:m:m8U9n1T7eA8u4RFT5XWbWbQ

They're the bars

Advertisement