Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skin Tags

Options
  • 16-11-2017 3:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 86,734 ✭✭✭✭

I have one by my eyelid, it is small but very annoying, do I need to go doctor to get rid or is there any other way to get rid, home remedy etc.,?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I have a few of these myself and afaik you need to get them removed as you would a mole. Some doctors may be able to shave them depending on how superficial they are- but I had one removed a few months back that I needed to be admitted to hospital for in order to have it removed. Best way to know is ask your GP next time you're in and they'll either refer you on or do it for you there.
    Since yours in on your eyelid I can't imagine a GP would be comfortable doing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

They can be frozen off or clipped off but as Anna said I can't imagine a GP doing either that close to your eye.
    Pop in and see your GP anyway and see what they suggest. Definitely don't try and do it at home though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭markc1184

My other half has a few at the minute as well as having some removed in the past. The ones she had removed she went to her GP about. There was a few larger ones that he put a fine fishing line around that he then tied a few knots in and left for a few days. These fell off after a few days. The smaller ones had a kind of cream applied that froze them and they fell off or disappeared too. A few of these have grown back and while she was in a beauty salon last week it was suggested to her about a procedure that some salons provide were a fine needle is used to inject something into them, it balloons up and then falls off in time. I think a bit more info about that particular process would be needed before going ahead with it though.

Advertisement