Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Counterfeit products

Options
  • 16-11-2017 3:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I hope this is the correct forum for this.

What is the process of a) reporting counterfeit goods. b) what happens when you do so.

I am not talking about stalls on the streets. I am talking about bricks and motor stores posing as reputable retailers selling what would be considered an official product. ie Beats headfones, apple accessories, mobile phone accessories, fashion and clothing.

I have seen countless mobile phone/phone accessory stores around the country selling Beats headphones, otterboxes, official apple accessories well below the RRP. and I am pretty confident these are counterfeit. The Packaging for one is a dead give away, its cheap, the glue is well visible etc.
    In one store they had the headphones out on display. They were beats Studio with bluetooth. Pressing the bluetooth button I could tell there cheao click and it also sounded was like a hallow in the cup where the plastic holds everything together.
    In the same shop they sell beats pill speakers and again they have them on demo. when demo'ing the product you either get a german rebotic voice saying to connect your device or you get a chinese voice.
    This same shop sells bose speakers also and granted they are below RRP they are all still considerable amounts of money.

They have mutliple stores around the country and are well known

A store in the same shopping center sells alot of otter-boxes and whats displayed as official apple accessories.
    Again they are below RRP but claim to be official. They are not. all of the packaging from afar looks good. but when look close its the same signs as before. Its cheap, typically the apple stuff boxes have dents/holes/signs of glue. The otter-box stuff, the very same.

I have researched a bit online and what people describe to look out for is clearly visible in the above examples.

I have now started to see smaller fashion outlets do the same. With converse, Raybans and bags even Jewelers selling MK watches and mi moneda

They are very similar but the real deal.

What annoys me is all of the above examples people are completely misold and attracted to the price. The thoughts of handing over €150 euro for beats headphones or 200 euro for a Bose speaker but which are fake but advertised as the real deal is sickening.

What is the process for reporting these types of business's and is it worth sometimes while?

Thanks

Comments

Advertisement