Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

#ChristmasJumperThursday

Options
2»

Comments

biko wrote: »
    It is possible/probable that if they nab you with an open can and a few closed cans they can just grab all of them as they suspect (and rightly so) that you will drink them all in that public place.

I have been forced to pour drink out myself, no big deal.

Having one open does make it fair game I agree, I'm assuming no open drink at all though as the poster said they weren't drinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Having one open does make it fair game I agree, I'm assuming no open drink at all though as the poster said they weren't drinking.

So you'd go to a cell for 24 cans but not for 23 cans?

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭martinkop

The bye-law makes no statement about closed or open cans, sure if you're drinking a screwcap, you can close between gulps. It says something about intent to drink.

And also something about malt beers being ok to drink in public??

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

NUIG clamped down on the "Christmas Day" on campus. The College Bar was tickets only and didn't open until lunchtime unlike in recent years.
    That's why all the students headed into town instead.
    Yeah. University clamped down as last year and previous year there was serious issues with overcrowding in the bar as well as some other issues coming up

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭inisboffin

The slab was full or maybe almost full but they were drinking. Maybe it was their second slab :p

They weren't being rowdy that I could see though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement