Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should I self teach Biology or Economics

Options
  • 16-11-2017 3:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭

I'm going to do both either way. Which one should I self-teach? Bio or Econ? Should I self-teach Econ and do Bio in school? Or self-teach bio and do econ in school?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 dubsli97

I'm pretty sure Economics would be a lot easier to study alone than Biology, unless you have a great interest/aptitude for science.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

I’d generally agree with the above poster that Economics would definitely be easier to do on your own but Biology would definitely be an option too if you have the time (and interest). Biology isn’t insanely difficult and there’s plenty of resources available online for it but the course is huge and you really do have to cover the whole course to get a good grade. I’m not sure if you’d manage to do it in a year (a girl I know did that and got a H2 but I’ve no idea how much time she spent on Biology alone that year). So yeah if you’ve got the time and dedication I’d say Biology could be an option for you. Economics definitely wouldn’t be a bad call though!

Advertisement