Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Call Diverts not working now for 3 weeks

Options
  • 16-11-2017 5:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I'm an Eir business customer with a number of mobiles. We regularly divert calls between our Eir mobiles and/or Eir landline.

For the last 3 weeks call diverts have not been working. Customer Care have told me this is an Eir technical issue affecting all call diverts on your mobile network. They do not know when it will be fixed. 

I think it is outrageous that you knew about this issue for 3 weeks but didn't notify your customers. 
    I found out myself last week when I had my phone on divert and my customers were just getting an engaged tone when they called my number. I didn't even get missed call notifications so it is likely I lost potential work due to your issue.

I have spoken to Customer Care and supervisors numerous times and nobody is any help or can offer any solution here.

I want to change tomorrow to a network who can provide an adequate phone service for my business. I am 6 months into a 24 month contract. Will I face termination charges? 

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40 oliver29

Same thing here. Hasn't worked in weeks. I was a meteor customer - is this linked with Eir's merging Meteor into Eir does anyone know??

If you call the customer service desk they'll divert at a network level but trying either to deactivate that divert- or activate/deactivate any subsequent  diverts doesn't work.

The worst part is that the phone show's as being diverted; yet calls just keep ringing. 

Proper nuisance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

Hape wrote: »
    I'm an Eir business customer with a number of mobiles. We regularly divert calls between our Eir mobiles and/or Eir landline.

For the last 3 weeks call diverts have not been working. Customer Care have told me this is an Eir technical issue affecting all call diverts on your mobile network. They do not know when it will be fixed. 

I think it is outrageous that you knew about this issue for 3 weeks but didn't notify your customers. 
    I found out myself last week when I had my phone on divert and my customers were just getting an engaged tone when they called my number. I didn't even get missed call notifications so it is likely I lost potential work due to your issue.

I have spoken to Customer Care and supervisors numerous times and nobody is any help or can offer any solution here.

I want to change tomorrow to a network who can provide an adequate phone service for my business. I am 6 months into a 24 month contract. Will I face termination charges? 
    Hi Hape,

Thanks for getting in touch and letting us know that you're still experiencing this issue. Our technical support team are still looking into this issue, if you PM me your number, PIN and full name I'll get in touch with them to see if there are any updates.

You will have to pay early cancellation charges if you close your account while still under contract.

- Adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

oliver29 wrote: »
    Same thing here. Hasn't worked in weeks. I was a meteor customer - is this linked with Eir's merging Meteor into Eir does anyone know??

If you call the customer service desk they'll divert at a network level but trying either to deactivate that divert- or activate/deactivate any subsequent  diverts doesn't work.

The worst part is that the phone show's as being diverted; yet calls just keep ringing. 

Proper nuisance.
    Hi oliver29,

I am very sorry about this issue. Our technical support team are aware of this and it is being looked intio. It wasn't caused by the changeover from Meteor to eir.

Can you PM me your number, PIN, and full name please?

- Adam

Adam any update on if or when this problem will be fixed?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Hape

Just to let you know- I was sick of waiting for the divert issue to be fixed so I requested release from my contract which had a year to run. After some resistance from Eir and a couple of calls to Comreg I was eventually released from contract.

I'm with VF now and no divert issues.
    I wont ever return my business to Eir, i thought it was completely unacceptable that they knew about this issue but didnt notify their business customers. I literally lost work over the issue

• Advertisement

Thanks Hape.

Difficult to understand how it can still be a problem. It's been a proper inconvenience so I'm not surprised you've had to move.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Hi Oliver29,

Unfortunately, Adam is no longer with us, Feel free to PM me on your full name and account number. I would be happy to investigate this for you.

Thanks 

Tracey

Advertisement