Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Packet sent in AN POST

Options
  • 16-11-2017 6:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭

There was a small packet posted to me last Monday the 13th. It hasn't arrived to date. I was speaking to the sender since & she said she didn't get it weighed, it was in a small bubbly envelope & she put a EURO stamp on it. Obviously this wasn't sufficient postage. What will happen to it? Will I ever receive it? A lesson to be learned never to chance the amount of postage!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

They're often lenient on that, but if rejected it would be returned to sender if address was listed. If not I think it ends up stored centrally.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,022 ✭✭✭✭L1011

It will likely be delayed for an inordinate period and get a sticker on it about underpayment. Padded envelopes are inherently too thick for the letter post price.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,089 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Padded envelope needs 1.65 postage but it might not be noticed. I've had stuff delivered with no stamp at all.

I've had about 1 percent of stuff go missing in the post and one padded envelope took 4 weeks to get from Raheny to Swords by post

Advertisement