Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eir

Options
  • 16-11-2017 8:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

i just got the new eir broadband box f2000 yesterday and i plugged it out today and it will not turn back on with the flashing lights, its completely blacked out and all that was done it was plugged out

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

i just got the new eir broadband box f2000 yesterday and i plugged it out today and it will not turn back on with the flashing lights, its completely blacked out and all that was done it was plugged out
    Hi there,

I have received your PM about this. I'll be back in touch through PM's shortly.

- Adam

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭blingrhino

My new efibre  was due to be installed 17/11/2017 and then put back to today 24/11/2017 .

Needless to say 

No broadband

No contact

NO SERVICE !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

blingrhino wrote: »
    My new efibre  was due to be installed 17/11/2017 and then put back to today 24/11/2017 .

Needless to say 

No broadband

No contact

NO SERVICE !
    Hi blingrhino, 

Thanks for contacting us. 

I'm very sorry to hear you still have no service. I understand this is frustrating. 

Feel free to PM me your account details, name on the account and I'll look into this for you. 

Thanks

Tracey 

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭irishlady29

Can you please provide customs care email address. My account is up for renewal. I want to discuss phone upgrade.
    Thanks

Can you please provide customs care email address. My account is up for renewal. I want to discuss phone upgrade.
    Thanks
    Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch. 

I'm afraid we don't have an email address to arrange this. You will need to give our loyalty department a ring on 1901.

- Adam

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭blingrhino

Needless to say 

No broadband

No contact

NO SERVICE !
    Hi blingrhino, 

I'm very sorry to hear you still have no service. I understand this is frustrating. 

Feel free to PM me your account details, name on the account and I'll look into this for you. 

Thanks

Tracey 
    i have 4 new account numbers from EIR since november !

which one will i give you?

last one i got is 34965199

Needless to say 

No broadband

No contact

NO SERVICE !
    Hi blingrhino, 

Thanks

Tracey 
    i have 4 new account numbers from EIR since november !

which one will i give you?

last one i got is 34965199
    Hi there,

Can you PM me all of the account numbers you have with us, please? This account number will be removed from public view automatically for data protection reasons so you need to send them in a PM. Can you also confirm your full name ina PM please?

- Adam

• Registered Users Posts: 2 supergran1941

I writing out of sheer frustration to complain about the lack of competency and support offered by Eircom. I have been a loyal customer for nearly forty years and no amount of rebranding can hide the fact that Eircom or Eir are still funded by the Government.  This is the only explanation for the debacle that has ensued over the last month.  I will now give you the background information of the issue that I am having.

An Eircom sales representative called to my door offering e-fibre Broadband to my home. I agreed and signed up for the installation because our broadband speed was only .8mb and with my son at college this would be of great benefit.  The first call out was scheduled and my son took a day off work to meet with the K n N technician.  The reason for this is, I am an elderly widowed woman and I need support to answer any questions.  The technician called and he informed my son that E-Fibre would be installed to the cabinet and not to our home.  The reason for this, the technician was not trained to install it.  This would facilitate another call out and again my son took a second day off work and the technician never called.

Then a third call out was scheduled for Friday the 1st of December 2017, again my son took the day off work, and the technician was late, and in the meantime out of sheer frustration, my son rang up to cancel the installation of the Broadband. The K n N technician arrived and informed my son that the Fibre would have to be installed to the cabinet and at a later date it could be installed to the house.  My son informed him that he rang up to cancel but the K n N technician advised my son that the cancellation would not go through because Eircom would see the new install on their system.  My son, due to previous experience was not convinced so he rang Eircom immediately and spoke to a person in of your Cork Office to explain what had happened.  They informed him that he stopped the cancellation and that it didn’t go through.  I would like to note, this was a ten minute time frame from when my son rang up to cancel to when he rang back and spoke to your sales representative. 

The new Eir Broadband was a great improvement, instead of .8 mb, we now had 24 mb.  Then on Tuesday, December 5th, my son logged on to do some course work and noticed that an error code was popping up, saying our broadband connection was not safe.  He rang Eircom who informed him that the Broadband was cancelled.  Under the terms and conditions of our package, we had a 14 day cooling off period, so this cancellation should not have happened.  He was stunned because of the reassurances from both the K n N technician and a person in your Cork Office.  He was assured that he would get a call back by 4.00 p.m. on the 6th of December to find out what happened and this call did not happen, again he rang and was not able to find out what was going on. 

I, an elderly pensioner, decided out of sheer frustration because my telephone and Broadband are in my name wanted to sort this issue out.  I rang on the 8th of December and was told that the Broadband was cancelled and I asked to find out what was going on.  I rang again on the 12th of December and spoke with a representative and was told I would have to submit a new order for the installation of e-Fibre.  The order was submitted and the modem was sent by courier and I still heard nothing.

I rang again on the 14th of December to be told that the order didn’t go through because of some issue and your Loyalty representative left me on the phone of ages, the phone call got cut off and I never received a call back.  I proceeded to call back and I spoke to your representative in your Loyalty Dept., who was informed by someone in your Wholesale Department, that the request had gone through, it would take ten days and that our Broadband would be reactivated remotely and that we would have Broadband back up and running on the 26th of December (That there would be no need for a technician to call to the house, I asked him three times to confirm was this correct and he said it was).

I was having severe doubts about this so I decided I would ring back on the 20th of December and spoke with a person in your Cork Office who also agreed that this didn’t sound correct.  I spent over 40 minutes on my mobile waiting to find out exactly what had happened.  They informed me that my Broadband would not be enabled remotely, what we were seeing on our modem was our old internet connection.  He advised that we should put our old Modem back in and that he would personally try to get our old connection up and running.  He also informed me that he spoke with his team lead and that he would send an email to the technical department to facilitate this happening.  He also gave a personal guarantee that he would phone back between 5:00 and 5:30 on the 20th of December either to me or my son.  This phone call never happened after her swore blind that he would contact.  He also informed me that a K n N technician would have to come out in the New Year to install the E-fibre Broadband again.  This will facilitate my son taking another day Annual Leave without pay and missing college.

As of today, Thursday the 21st of December, we have three Modems sitting in our office that don’t work.  I am without an internet connection to contact family or friends for Christmas.  I cannot believe in the age of the free Market the amount of money wasted and the unprofessional way I have been treated.  This leads me to believe that the Government, with tax payers’ money are funding Eir or Eircom.    I would also like to bring to your attention, that my son has taken three days off work (unpaid) to facilitate this install.  Never mind the huge amount of time and money spent making wasted phone calls to get this issue sorted.

I am without any internet access which I am paying for, for nearly a month, and my son needs the internet for his college work over Christmas.  I have been lied to, thrown between three different departments who obviously are incompetent and don’t know what they are doing.  I feel as an elderly woman that my issue has not been taken seriously because I am a pensioner.  I am actually starting to feel discriminated against because of my age profile.  The lack of care and customer support I have received is disgraceful after many years of being a loyal customer.  This has left me extremely upset and stressed.   It is for all of the above reasons that I am going to send this post viral.

I would also advise anyone to stay clear of Eircom or Eir (whatever stupid branding name you go under) and their e-Fibre, because they are not to be trusted and they are certainly not true to their word.

After lying to a pensioner, saying that her Broadband would be activated remotely on the 26th of December and that she will receive call backs.  I have been treated like an idiot, like an incompetent fool, treated like a no-body when the real incompetency is from Eircom staff.  I need this issue sorted and I am wondering if others have been treated in this appalling way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

I writing out of sheer frustration to complain about the lack of competency and support offered by Eircom. I have been a loyal customer for nearly forty years and no amount of rebranding can hide the fact that Eircom or Eir are still funded by the Government.  This is the only explanation for the debacle that has ensued over the last month.  I will now give you the background information of the issue that I am having.

An Eircom sales representative called to my door offering e-fibre Broadband to my home. I agreed and signed up for the installation because our broadband speed was only .8mb and with my son at college this would be of great benefit.  The first call out was scheduled and my son took a day off work to meet with the K n N technician.  The reason for this is, I am an elderly widowed woman and I need support to answer any questions.  The technician called and he informed my son that E-Fibre would be installed to the cabinet and not to our home.  The reason for this, the technician was not trained to install it.  This would facilitate another call out and again my son took a second day off work and the technician never called.

Then a third call out was scheduled for Friday the 1st of December 2017, again my son took the day off work, and the technician was late, and in the meantime out of sheer frustration, my son rang up to cancel the installation of the Broadband. The K n N technician arrived and informed my son that the Fibre would have to be installed to the cabinet and at a later date it could be installed to the house.  My son informed him that he rang up to cancel but the K n N technician advised my son that the cancellation would not go through because Eircom would see the new install on their system.  My son, due to previous experience was not convinced so he rang Eircom immediately and spoke to a person in of your Cork Office to explain what had happened.  They informed him that he stopped the cancellation and that it didn’t go through.  I would like to note, this was a ten minute time frame from when my son rang up to cancel to when he rang back and spoke to your sales representative. 

The new Eir Broadband was a great improvement, instead of .8 mb, we now had 24 mb.  Then on Tuesday, December 5th, my son logged on to do some course work and noticed that an error code was popping up, saying our broadband connection was not safe.  He rang Eircom who informed him that the Broadband was cancelled.  Under the terms and conditions of our package, we had a 14 day cooling off period, so this cancellation should not have happened.  He was stunned because of the reassurances from both the K n N technician and a person in your Cork Office.  He was assured that he would get a call back by 4.00 p.m. on the 6th of December to find out what happened and this call did not happen, again he rang and was not able to find out what was going on. 

I, an elderly pensioner, decided out of sheer frustration because my telephone and Broadband are in my name wanted to sort this issue out.  I rang on the 8th of December and was told that the Broadband was cancelled and I asked to find out what was going on.  I rang again on the 12th of December and spoke with a representative and was told I would have to submit a new order for the installation of e-Fibre.  The order was submitted and the modem was sent by courier and I still heard nothing.

I rang again on the 14th of December to be told that the order didn’t go through because of some issue and your Loyalty representative left me on the phone of ages, the phone call got cut off and I never received a call back.  I proceeded to call back and I spoke to your representative in your Loyalty Dept., who was informed by someone in your Wholesale Department, that the request had gone through, it would take ten days and that our Broadband would be reactivated remotely and that we would have Broadband back up and running on the 26th of December (That there would be no need for a technician to call to the house, I asked him three times to confirm was this correct and he said it was).

I was having severe doubts about this so I decided I would ring back on the 20th of December and spoke with a person in your Cork Office who also agreed that this didn’t sound correct.  I spent over 40 minutes on my mobile waiting to find out exactly what had happened.  They informed me that my Broadband would not be enabled remotely, what we were seeing on our modem was our old internet connection.  He advised that we should put our old Modem back in and that he would personally try to get our old connection up and running.  He also informed me that he spoke with his team lead and that he would send an email to the technical department to facilitate this happening.  He also gave a personal guarantee that he would phone back between 5:00 and 5:30 on the 20th of December either to me or my son.  This phone call never happened after her swore blind that he would contact.  He also informed me that a K n N technician would have to come out in the New Year to install the E-fibre Broadband again.  This will facilitate my son taking another day Annual Leave without pay and missing college.

As of today, Thursday the 21st of December, we have three Modems sitting in our office that don’t work.  I am without an internet connection to contact family or friends for Christmas.  I cannot believe in the age of the free Market the amount of money wasted and the unprofessional way I have been treated.  This leads me to believe that the Government, with tax payers’ money are funding Eir or Eircom.    I would also like to bring to your attention, that my son has taken three days off work (unpaid) to facilitate this install.  Never mind the huge amount of time and money spent making wasted phone calls to get this issue sorted.

I am without any internet access which I am paying for, for nearly a month, and my son needs the internet for his college work over Christmas.  I have been lied to, thrown between three different departments who obviously are incompetent and don’t know what they are doing.  I feel as an elderly woman that my issue has not been taken seriously because I am a pensioner.  I am actually starting to feel discriminated against because of my age profile.  The lack of care and customer support I have received is disgraceful after many years of being a loyal customer.  This has left me extremely upset and stressed.   It is for all of the above reasons that I am going to send this post viral.

I would also advise anyone to stay clear of Eircom or Eir (whatever stupid branding name you go under) and their e-Fibre, because they are not to be trusted and they are certainly not true to their word.

After lying to a pensioner, saying that her Broadband would be activated remotely on the 26th of December and that she will receive call backs.  I have been treated like an idiot, like an incompetent fool, treated like a no-body when the real incompetency is from Eircom staff.  I need this issue sorted and I am wondering if others have been treated in this appalling way.
    Hi supergran1941, 

I've responded to you on your other thread. 

Thanks 

Tracey

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭babi-hrse

Power button is on the side push it in

• Advertisement
Advertisement