Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update - Issues with 4G Broadband modem

Options
  • 16-11-2017 10:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,485 ✭✭✭

Hiya.

I had a connection issue last night with my PAYG Huawei E3372 4G modem when I installed the new fall creators update for Windows 10. I looked at some articles online which mentioned a bug with Mobile Hotspots not working when you install this new update; this particular bug also prevented me from using my broadband stick on my internet browsers. I attempted to use the Hilink broadband home page on Chrome & Firefox & unfortunately I got no response from these browsers. 

The IP address for the modem's Hilink default page is 192.168.8.1/html/home.html.

This IP above does not work when I installed the new update.

I was cut off from my PAYG broadband for over 2 hours. I had tried to reset my internet networks, ethernet & firewall settings on Windows 10 when in this new update & they didn't work at all in resolving my issue. I then rolled back to the previous build of Windows 10 & everything worked perfectly again including the mobile hotspot option. 

This plug in modem also has an old meteor sim card inside it btw. Does this issue also arise if people are using the same modem with an eir sim card inside it. I am a bit confused as to why this modem is having issues with this new update. Can you help me as I don't know when a notification from Microsoft will be coming around again as it can happen at any time?  

Thanks.

dublinman1990

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

Hiya.

I had a connection issue last night with my PAYG Huawei E3372 4G modem when I installed the new fall creators update for Windows 10. I looked at some articles online which mentioned a bug with Mobile Hotspots not working when you install this new update; this particular bug also prevented me from using my broadband stick on my internet browsers. I attempted to use the Hilink broadband home page on Chrome & Firefox & unfortunately I got no response from these browsers. 

The IP address for the modem's Hilink default page is 192.168.8.1/html/home.html.

This IP above does not work when I installed the new update.

I was cut off from my PAYG broadband for over 2 hours. I had tried to reset my internet networks, ethernet & firewall settings on Windows 10 when in this new update & they didn't work at all in resolving my issue. I then rolled back to the previous build of Windows 10 & everything worked perfectly again including the mobile hotspot option. 

This plug in modem also has an old meteor sim card inside it btw. Does this issue also arise if people are using the same modem with an eir sim card inside it. I am a bit confused as to why this modem is having issues with this new update. Can you help me as I don't know when a notification from Microsoft will be coming around again as it can happen at any time?  

Thanks.

dublinman1990
    Hi dublinman1990,

Thanks for getting in touch. Can you ensure that you have data left on your plan this month, please? If you do and are still having issues getting online feel free to PM me your number, PIN, and full name. I'll look into this for you.

- Adam

• Registered Users Posts: 8,485 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Hi Adam. 

Yes. I had lots of data when I tried to update W10 last week. My current pass is still running as of today. I haven't updated back to the new version yet because I have not checked if there are still recurring issues with my modem.

I will try & update you with the PM if I need it. Thanks.

-dublinman1990

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

Hi Adam. 

Yes. I had lots of data when I tried to update W10 last week. My current pass is still running as of today. I haven't updated back to the new version yet because I have not checked if there are still recurring issues with my modem.

I will try & update you with the PM if I need it. Thanks.

-dublinman1990
    No worries, thanks for letting me know.

- Adam

Advertisement