Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prime Time tonight.

Options
  • 16-11-2017 10:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,219 ✭✭✭✭

I see P T are showing a segment on rural crime, and peoples efforts to protect their areas.
    Hope it's not another sideswipe at licenced firearms holders, and interviews to support PETe's biased outlook.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,219 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Well that was remarkably restrained.
    The local spokes people kept any hot heads well away from the microphones!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,023 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Just watched it..It is the definiton of lunacy.Doing the same thing again and again and expecting different results in rural crime.:(

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭gunny123

Didn't see it as i refuse to watch RTE, but from past experience i suppose it was the usual rubbish. Rural crime ? I believe they are going to have massive amount of gardai on special duty for christmas for the influx of ethnic minorities into Rathkeale, from the uk etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,219 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

I live 10 miles from Ballyconnell. It's a joke really, at night if there is a fight or suchlike in the town if the squad car is engaged somewhere else there is no cover whatsoever. This in a town with a modern new station that holds about 30 Gardai, and located 400 yards from a main border crossing.
    Nearest 24 hour station is in Cavan town, thats about 18 miles away.

There is no point Politicians talking about Garda Reserves, because the Gardai don't want them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭gunny123

Nekarsulm wrote: »
      There is no point Politicians talking about Garda Reserves, because the Gardai don't want them.

Shouldn't matter what the gardai (or whatever trade union runs them) want or don't want, Special constables have been around in the Uk for donkeys years, also there are part time police in a lot of American states.

As with so many other things, why should Ireland be different ?

• Advertisement
    • Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

gunny123 wrote: »
      Shouldn't matter what the gardai (or whatever trade union runs them) want or don't want, Special constables have been around in the Uk for donkeys years, also there are part time police in a lot of American states.

As with so many other things, why should Ireland be different ?

Now you've said it all, part time police. Garda reserve are not proper part time police neither are the specials in the UK. It's a bit like comparing the RDF with the Texas National Guard.

Advertisement