Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Android Device > HDMI

• 16-11-2017 10:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,968 ✭✭✭✭

You know those micro USB to HDMI adapters? Does that mean I can just buy one like this in the pic, whack the USB end into my phone/tablet and plug a HDMI cable into the other and my devices screen will appear on the tv? 1080p videos will play fine and everything?

Or is it a feature I need to look for in certain devices?

item_XL_7106269_5120275.jpg

Its actually really hard to get an answer to this!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Its called MHL, its a pretty dead standard. Older Samsungs and Sonys supported it.

Best option: just buy an android box

Next best option: use a Chromecast

3rd option: use one of those adaptors that will be hit and miss whether they actually work, and have the inconvenience of always being attached to a TV just to watch something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Basil3 wrote: »
    Best option: just buy an android box

Next best option: use a Chromecast

3rd option: use one of those adaptors that will be hit and miss whether they actually work, and have the inconvenience of always being attached to a TV just to watch something.

+1 to this

Had one of these yokes, connected it to a tv using a nexus 7 tablet, pain in the hole having to get up each time to pause/change programme, got an android box and never looked back

Advertisement