Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rude staff in Eir store

Options
  • 16-11-2017 10:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭

Hi, my mother (who is in her 70s) was in the Eir store in Henry Street, Dublin to buy a phone today.  The girl who served her was grand, but then she went back in to ask a couple of questions about how to use the phone and the guy in the shop was very rude and unhelpful.   I dont know what criteria you use to hire staff, but surely its not impossible to hire someone who can at least be polite to a pensioner.  She was very taken aback to be treated like this and it was a very unpleasant experience for her.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

Chieftain wrote: »
    Hi, my mother (who is in her 70s) was in the Eir store in Henry Street, Dublin to buy a phone today.  The girl who served her was grand, but then she went back in to ask a couple of questions about how to use the phone and the guy in the shop was very rude and unhelpful.   I dont know what criteria you use to hire staff, but surely its not impossible to hire someone who can at least be polite to a pensioner.  She was very taken aback to be treated like this and it was a very unpleasant experience for her.
    Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch and letting us know. I can assure you that if your mother was spoken to in a rude manner by any of our staff members that it is unacceptable and I do sincerely apologise for this.

If you'd like to PM me the account number and full name on the account I can ensure that this gets passed on to management and it will be handled internally.

- Adam

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Chieftain

eir: Adam wrote: »
    Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch and letting us know. I can assure you that if your mother was spoken to in a rude manner by any of our staff members that it is unacceptable and I do sincerely apologise for this.

If you'd like to PM me the account number and full name on the account I can ensure that this gets passed on to management and it will be handled internally.

- Adam
    Hi Adam,

Thanks for getting back to me.  I talked to my mother about it and she doesn't want to take anything further.  She definitely wont be buying any more phones from Eir though.  I am with Eir myself for mobile, but my mothers experience would make me hesitant about staying when my contract expires

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

eir: Adam wrote: »
    Hi there,

- Adam
    Hi Adam,

Thanks for getting back to me.  I talked to my mother about it and she doesn't want to take anything further.  She definitely wont be buying any more phones from Eir though.  I am with Eir myself for mobile, but my mothers experience would make me hesitant about staying when my contract expires
    You're welcome. I completely understand and I am very sorry to hear that this experience has led you to consider changing providers. I can assure you that this isn't common practice and again I do apologise for the way your mother was treated in our store.

Feel free to get back in touch if you have any future queries.

- Adam

Advertisement