Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Siemens SPC4320 Offline

Options
  • 16-11-2017 11:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭

I noticed this evening that I couldn't access my alarm via SPC Connect App on my phone. I was getting Timed out connections.

I logged in via web portal and couldn't access panel this way either and couldn't access any logs.

I removed the panel and tried to re-add it and I get the following error:
    Cannot add a panel to your account while the panel is OFFLINE.

I suspect my internet connection may be down (Can't verify as away from home)

1 - Is it not possible access logs for alarm if panel is offline?
    2 - Would panel go offline if somebody broke in a pulled panel off wall?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭cronos

rodge123 wrote: »
    I noticed this evening that I couldn't access my alarm via SPC Connect App on my phone. I was getting Timed out connections.

I logged in via web portal and couldn't access panel this way either and couldn't access any logs.

I removed the panel and tried to re-add it and I get the following error:
    Cannot add a panel to your account while the panel is OFFLINE.

I suspect my internet connection may be down (Can't verify as away from home)

1 - Is it not possible access logs for alarm if panel is offline?
    2 - Would panel go offline if somebody broke in a pulled panel off wall?

Cheers

Same happened to mine at 22.48

I suspect it's something on the SPC Connect end?

2017-11-16 22:48:33 0 6004 ATS Down ATS : SPC Connect -
    2017-11-16 22:48:33 0 6002 ATP Down ATS : SPC Connect

It resolved it's self overnight so I'm certain the issue was on their end.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,566 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Same happened mine last night too, a couple of times it seems

2017-11-17 04:38:01 FlexC ATS Status Up [ATS=1]
    2017-11-17 04:38:01 FlexC ATP Status Up [ATS=1, ATP=1]
    2017-11-17 03:55:01 FlexC ATS Status Down [ATS=1]
    2017-11-17 03:54:59 FlexC ATP Status Down [ATS=1, ATP=1]
    2017-11-16 23:36:56 Area 1 Area 1 HOME SET By User 2 -Keypad 1 KEY 1
    2017-11-16 22:33:04 FlexC ATS Status Up [ATS=1]
    2017-11-16 22:33:04 FlexC ATP Status Up [ATS=1, ATP=1]
    2017-11-16 20:33:03 FlexC ATS Status Down [ATS=1]
    2017-11-16 20:33:02 FlexC ATP Status Down [ATS=1, ATP=1]

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Did you remove the panel from your SPC Account??
    Thats never going to restore a connection.
    This generally resolves relatively quickly. Sometimes a restart of the panel will speed things up.
    When this reconnects you will need the encryption key to add the panel back to your account.

No didn't remove panel. That also wouldn't explain why multiple people were seeing it at the same time. It's obviously an issue on the spc connect end. Plus you have to be able to connect to do a restart don't you, which is difficult if you are not on site with the device.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

cronos wrote: »
    No didn't remove panel. That also wouldn't explain why multiple people were seeing it at the same time. It's obviously an issue on the spc connect end. Plus you have to be able to connect to do a restart don't you, which is difficult if you are not on site with the device.

By the sounds of it SPC connect was the issue.
    Most good installers will not just rely on an internet connection to the panel, i'd advise looking at a second connection by means of a GSM.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

SPC was off line the other night.

altor wrote: »
    By the sounds of it SPC connect was the issue.
    Most good installers will not just rely on an internet connection to the panel, i'd advise looking at a second connection by means of a GSM.

How would you go about adding GSM after the fact on one of these systems. I assume they just have a sim card slot somewhere and there is a bit of config?

How would you go about adding GSM after the fact on one of these systems. I assume they just have a sim card slot somewhere and there is a bit of config?

It's a plug on unit.
    Here is a link

altor wrote: »
    It's a plug on unit.
    Here is a link

Any idea how much this would cost and how easy it is to install on your own?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

You can do a soft reset from engineer menu or a hard reset by power cycling the panel itself.
    SPC does go down for short periods for maintenance once a month or so but the reconnects are usually relatively quick.
    Do you know what version of software is on the panel?

KoolKid wrote: »
    You can do a soft reset from engineer menu or a hard reset by power cycling the panel itself.
    SPC does go down for short periods for maintenance once a month or so but the reconnects are usually relatively quick.
    Do you know what version of software is on the panel?

No idea. How would I check it? Does it auto update?

Do you have engineer access to the panel?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Apple of my eye

Could an installer pm me a price to reconnect my Siemens panel to the internet (based in North County Dublin)? We changed internet providers and can’t get in touch with anyone to add the panel onto it. (Original installer has immigrated). Or - a step by step guide if it’s something that a person can do themselves.

Any idea how much this would cost and how easy it is to install on your own?

We don't give out pricing on here, you would need to contact some of the suppliers.
    Should be a set up guide on the site I linked too but it's pretty much straight forward to add.

No idea. How would I check it? Does it auto update?

Have a look at the suppliers sticky here.
    Easy enough to install & set up as long as you have engineer access.
    Page 55 Here shows you the install location. Configuration call be all done from the browser after that.

Advertisement