Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phonewatch

Options
  • 17-11-2017 12:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi I have a eircom phonewatch Simon alarm which is not monitored anymore. I only got broadband and phone connected again lately after a number of years. I have noticed on phone bill a call each day at same time for duration of 8 sec to the same number. Contacted phone provider and they don't have info on the number contacted but think it possibly a line test from the alarm each day. I am getting no phone communication warning. Is it possible that alarm is still doing line test even if not monitored anymore ? Is it possible to delete central communication number to stop line test and how?

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

You would need the alarm engineer code to do it from the panel. If you disconnect the phone line that panel will probably give you a communications error alert every day as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,713 ✭✭✭✭altor

FarryO wrote: »
    Hi I have a eircom phonewatch Simon alarm which is not monitored anymore. I only got broadband and phone connected again lately after a number of years. I have noticed on phone bill a call each day at same time for duration of 8 sec to the same number. Contacted phone provider and they don't have info on the number contacted but think it possibly a line test from the alarm each day. I am getting no phone communication warning. Is it possible that alarm is still doing line test even if not monitored anymore ? Is it possible to delete central communication number to stop line test and how?

Thanks for any help you can give me.

It would be a test call.
    Which system have you got installed?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 ludo_2002

Hi. I need to change the battery in a PIR sensor on our Phonewatch Simon system.
    Could someone give me the engineer code?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

ludo_2002 wrote:
    Hi. I need to change the battery in a PIR sensor on our Phonewatch Simon system. Could someone give me the engineer code? Thanks

Sorry, Ludo,

Engineer codes are not given out on the forum

Stoner wrote: »
    Sorry, Ludo,

Engineer codes are not given out on the forum

I have a contract with PW....will they give me the code? I reckon I have a right to know it

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

ludo_2002 wrote: »
    I have a contract with PW....will they give me the code? I reckon I have a right to know it

They will give it to you providing you sign a waver that they are no longer responsible for the system. They would also probably interpret this as a breach of contract, cancel your monitoring and maintenance and charge you the remainder of the term of your contract.
    Why not just get them out to do it if you have a contract with them?

KoolKid wrote: »
    They will give it to you providing you sign a waver that they are no longer responsible for the system. They would also probably interpret this as a breach of contract, cancel your monitoring and maintenance and charge you the remainder of the term of your contract.
    Why not just get them out to do it if you have a contract with them?

Because they charge a big fee for changing batteries!

ludo_2002 wrote: »
    Because they charge a big fee for changing batteries!

If you have a maintenance & monitoring contract they should only be charging you for the batteries themselves. How much are they looking for?

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭DE DEISE

Does anyone have engineers code for old interlogix system , keeps beeping for low battery installed 2008 red button model

We would only be able to help with with the default code which would be 01278.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭davidconroy46

What panel is it?

What panel is it?

Version 3

What panel is it?

Version 3

I think it’s an interlogixs system a big square box with red light up buttons

Oh . is it a Simon 3?
    s-l300.jpg
    Try 012345 or 0123456

You would get booklet on line.

KoolKid wrote: »
    Oh . is it a Simon 3?
    s-l300.jpg
    Try 012345 or 0123456

Yes thats the model I have I’ve tried those numbers with no success . All I can find in user manuals online is the simon XT range.

Unfortunately we are no longer allowed help you here with engineer codes or manuals.

Your phone watch bill number, poss last 4 digets. or poss the last 4 digets of phone number. Eircom.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

My mam has a phoneline and 'broadband' (Download speed of around 3Mbps) with Eir, she is paying €78 a month for this and landline.

I attempted to switch here to Vodafone and they rang her saying they would have to upgrade the line to Fibre Optic, which is fine. Then they asked if she had Phonewatch, when she said she did they said it would cease to work if they changed to Fibre Optic.

This seems bizare, if this is the case she is stuck with crap broadband at a ridiculous price or faster broadband and the alarm doesn't work anymore.

Any solutions would be greatly appreciated.

• Advertisement

Shemale wrote: »
    My mam has a phoneline and 'broadband' (Download speed of around 3Mbps) with Eir, she is paying €78 a month for this and landline.

I attempted to switch here to Vodafone and they rang her saying they would have to upgrade the line to Fibre Optic, which is fine. Then they asked if she had Phonewatch, when she said she did they said it would cease to work if they changed to Fibre Optic.

This seems bizare, if this is the case she is stuck with crap broadband at a ridiculous price or faster broadband and the alarm doesn't work anymore.

Any solutions would be greatly appreciated.

You could add a dual com, alertcom or gsm to the system.
    This would mean she could upgrade the line and still have a monitored alarm as she wouldn't be dependent on the phone line.

altor wrote: »
    You could add a dual com, alertcom or gsm to the system.
    This would mean she could upgrade the line and still have a monitored alarm as she wouldn't be dependent on the phone line.

Thanks for your reply, I asked her to ring today and see if they use GSM, would be amazed if they are so backward they don't at least use GSM.

Failing this, I can look at other monitoring companies that use GSM and/or.

Thanks for your reply, I asked her to ring today and see if they use GSM, would be amazed if they are so backward they don't at least use GSM.

Yes they should have one available.

Any company can get that system monitored so dont get caught with the new system they are selling or you may end up tied to a system no one else can take over.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 ddonn

They charge €250 for installation of a GSM unit

ddonn wrote: »
    They charge €250 for installation of a GSM unit

Thanks. What utter wankerism

• Registered Users Posts: 15 ddonn

😂 Very well put. You have got a couple of options;

1. An ethernet connection between your new router and the alarm panel will dial out. Only problem with this is, loss of broadband, loss of power to the router or just plugging out the ethernet cable would disable the connection. Also phone watch will charge €100 an hr for running in cable so unless u are comfortable doing it yourself, it may not be much cheaper.

2. Threaten to leave. If you are coming towards the end of your contract, they will give you a free installation or upgrade. Just be careful with the upgrade. As someone previously mentioned, you are then stuck with them and no other company can take it over and you don't actually own the equipment. So if you cancel your contract, you are left with nothing.

3. Actually get rid of phonewatch altogether. There are so many monitored alarm companies around now that are cheaper. Also, self monitoring is another option. You would be stuck with the cost of a new system by no monthly costs

ddonn wrote: »
    �� Very well put. You have got a couple of options;

1. An ethernet connection between your new router and the alarm panel will dial out. Only problem with this is, loss of broadband, loss of power to the router or just plugging out the ethernet cable would disable the connection. Also phone watch will charge €100 an hr for running in cable so unless u are comfortable doing it yourself, it may not be much cheaper.

2. Threaten to leave. If you are coming towards the end of your contract, they will give you a free installation or upgrade. Just be careful with the upgrade. As someone previously mentioned, you are then stuck with them and no other company can take it over and you don't actually own the equipment. So if you cancel your contract, you are left with nothing.

3. Actually get rid of phonewatch altogether. There are so many monitored alarm companies around now that are cheaper. Also, self monitoring is another option. You would be stuck with the cost of a new system by no monthly costs

The way they operate the new system is unbelievable, will definitely tell her to say no. It is clearly in response to other companies taking over the old systems and monitoring costs being lower with them.

She is on her own in the house in rural Ireland and she is 70 so self monitoring isn't really an option, she can barely send a text!!

I asked her today if she rang Phonewatch and if the system has GSM and she said no it's G4S, she left Phonewatch a couple of year ago :o

Most will install some type of GSM that will install for free if taking over a system.
    Shop around if requested to pay for this.

Advertisement