Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Birdshot

• 17-11-2017 12:37am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭

Is it possible to get birdshot in a .22 magnum bullet.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Double Barrel

They are loaded with #12 Shot(1.3mm).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭minktrapper

Can they be got in Ireland?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,219 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

https://www.mccullaghsports.ie/ammunition/

Edit. Not sure if possible in .22 Mag. But no doubt you could use .22LR in a Magnum anyway, it's only a plastic cap. The effective range is very short indeed.

Nekarsulm wrote: »

Edit. Not sure if possible in .22 Mag. But no doubt you could use .22LR in a Magnum anyway, it's only a plastic cap. The effective range is very short indeed.

They can be got in .22 Magnum. I checked the CCI website. Almost twice the amount of shot. I have a few in LR. Will penetrate a tabloid newspaper at 3 yds so not very weak.

When I bought my first 22lr rifle, the old chap selling it give me a box of them. Very handy for rats in a henhouse, but like you say, you need to be close.

• Advertisement

I wonder if anybody does the magnum birdshot?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

When I bought my first 22lr rifle, the old chap selling it give me a box of them. Very handy for rats in a henhouse, but like you say, you need to be close.

Used them for rats in the garden when we first moved into our house. It was like giving them a kick up the arse - they were back again in a few hours. Subsonic did the job after.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 770 ✭✭✭Uinseann_16

Are you saying you can use a 22lr in a 22 magnum eh maybe if you dont like your face or fingers the 22lr might fit but it will not seal the 22 magnum chamber which could cause a catastrophic failure when firing most likely it would just damage the chamber but dont try it
    nice wee difference in the cases
    Metric .22LR .22WMR
    Bullet Diameter .222 .224
    Neck Diameter .226 .242
    Case Length .613 1.055
    Rim Diameter .278 .294

Fair enough, consider me educated!

Advertisement