Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Auctioneer's Code of Practice ??

Options
  • 17-11-2017 1:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Hi All

Looking for some advice. I had put an offer on a property some months back. I was told by the auctioneer it was the first offer and over a space of the last 6 weeks there was a few counter offers , each time I increased my offer and for the last 10 days I was the highest bidder. Then on Tuesday of this week I got a voicemail from the auctioneer to say a higher offer had been received. I didn't reply as I reflected and decided on my next steps. Then today the auctioneer rang me to say his colleague had received and accepted another higher offer yesterday and informed me that the property was sold ! Surely there has been some code of good practice breached here and I'm wondering have I some legal case here as this whole thing smells to me. Had a lot of time put into this and really disappointed to get f..ked around like this. Appreciate advice
    Failed to load the poll.

Advertisement