Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roma beggers

Options
2»

Comments

Just to point out to the racist OP, Romanian citizens have as much right to be here as you or I.

Rom gypsies, if they were born in an EU country also have the same rights.

Welcome to the EU
    http://ec.europa.eu/justice/citizen/move-live/index_en.htm
    The right to reside is not absolute - there can be conditions attached.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭Redo91

I walk through Shop Street every morning on my way to work and as pointed our already they really are a terrible eye sore. There was a gang of 10+ camping on the grass in Eyre Square around August/September who have since disappeared. The smell of piss as you walked by was shocking. They were quiet intimidating too for anyone having to walk by them early in the morning. Apparently they had been offered emergency accommodation which they turned down. If they aren't willing to accept help and wish to stay on the streets then they need to be locked up. It's obviously a money racket being run by gangs.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

You will spot them the second they open their mouth as with all the gold teeth and by god they have some massive homes in Romania.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,950 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Redo91 wrote: »
    If they aren't willing to accept help and wish to stay on the streets then they need to be locked up.

What for though? There's a few Irish who aren't willing to accept help either, they would need to be locked up for the same thing.

And in fairness, I've seen far more Irish pissing on the street than Roma. While I was walking home the other night, a bus from Cork pulled up outside AIB in Eyre Square and a couple of dozen lads piled out and peed against the wall at the same time. They seemed to think it was funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

I have seen the Roma Gypsy women gang up on extremely inebriated men, maybe 4 v 1, pushing them into a corner and feeling him up, obviously looking for a wallet. Thankfully people got involved and pushed them away.

Remember years ago they would go to the Galway races and use scalpels to slice holes into people's pockets?

There were quite a lot of reports of people suddenly noticing cut marks in their legs.

Common pick-pocketers trick for many years

• Advertisement
Advertisement