Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vape residue

• 17-11-2017 9:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 19

I'm sure all you ex smokers went through the painful process of cleaning the goop off the inside of your car windscreens on a regular basis.... I know i did...my question is....what is the crap I'm cleaning off now??? I've been vapeing two years now and the vape residue on the windscreen is far worse than when I smoked. ..is it just me????

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Nope, I have the same problems. Need to windolene it every couple of weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Not tried this but have seen it mentioned on various vape forums, if you put a few of those little silica gel packages than seem to come with everything these days along the edge of your dashboard, it helps with the gloop.

silica-gel-packet.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Gorgeousgeorge

cat litter in a sock! will absorb the moisture and help with your problem

• Registered Users Posts: 19 jobby

It's interesting though....especially with the 'pro vapors' and he second hand vape argument...it's obviously not just water vapour, so what is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Ionised

I haven't found it an issue myself. My last car I don't recall cleaning the inside of the windscreen in over two years... And I'd be a bit anal about my vehicle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Gorgeousgeorge

jobby wrote: »
    It's interesting though....especially with the 'pro vapors' and he second hand vape argument...it's obviously not just water vapour, so what is it?

Vg.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 375 ✭✭macker33

I wouldnt lose any sleep over it, its water soluble which means your body shouldnt have any issues flushing it.
    As far as i know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭chipfox

I actually use big bags of silica gel all around the dash for condensation. Never thought it would make a difference for vaping, and in my experience it doesn't.

Need to use actual windolene brand and a lot of elbow grease. If anybody has a better way, I am all ears. This drives me around the bend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 584 ✭✭✭BeansBeans

I have never had any issues with residue in my car and I am incredibly fussy about my beloved car. :P Strange to be honest, im a fairly heavy vaper.

BeansBeans wrote:
    I have never had any issues with residue in my car and I am incredibly fussy about my beloved car. Strange to be honest, im a fairly heavy vaper.

BeansBeans wrote:
    I have never had any issues with residue in my car and I am incredibly fussy about my beloved car. Strange to be honest, im a fairly heavy vaper.

I drive outside of work to vape (a no smoking site...no filthy vaping allowed) maybe that's my problem...but I do have to clean the windscreen every two or three days with the fantastic windoleen...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

I've had this car over 3 years & I have never cleaned the windscreen & I love blowing clouds but I always have my window open fully or slightly if raining...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

I use IP wipes and Autoglym Car Glass Polish to clean mine but the moisture in winter makes it worse IMO

Just as an update....the 'cake' flavoured liquids require a daily window clean...the fruity ones are only weekly. ..weird

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 195 ✭✭j26m

This stuff may help. I used it on the interior windows and there's far less build up.

I usually also open the window a crack when vaping in the car, weather permitting, of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭sheesh

I noticed it too! I assume it is glycerol mixed with water. Window was very fogged up until I got the windoleen out.
    It makes sense if you think about all the stuff you exhale vaping.

while water on its own would evaporate eventually the glycerol dissolved in it might prevent some of it evaporating.

I windolene ths **** out of my windscreen, but it leaves smears all over the place. Any recommendations on a cloth? Like one of those yellow buffer ones?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 628 ✭✭✭stuartmurphy87

TinCool wrote: »
    I windolene ths **** out of my windscreen, but it leaves smears all over the place. Any recommendations on a cloth? Like one of those yellow buffer ones?

Autoglym glass cleaner and microfibre cloths is the best imo

Top man. I've got a few of those micro fibre cloths in the gaff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Glycerine, as annoying as it might be, it is completely harmless. There is no 'argument' - passive vaping has been proven to be harmless. The only thing dodgy in e-liquid is nicotine, and that gets absorbed instantly - only VG/PG vapor is exhaled.

Have used Autoglym glass polish for years and always recommend it along with regular change of the cabin/pollen filter and not using the re-circulation button

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 98 ✭✭bearclaire

microfibre cloth dampened with white vinegar
    And then kitchen roll dry
    Works great

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Sitec

Cleaned my windscreen this morning with the above, like new. I can deal with doing this once a month to be nice and toasty on cold mornings and no stale smell of fags from the car. Small price to pay.

Just to show the difference between old and new cabin filters from 1 i did earlier today :D

441415.jpg

Advertisement