Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to conceive

Options
  • 17-11-2017 10:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

Hi,

I am taking Clomid 50mg for the past 3 months and unfortunately nothing has happened 😢. I took Clomid in August and my Af didn't arrive until day37, completely forgot to take them in September, took my last pack in October and I'm currently on day 39.
    I have taken 2 preg tests and both have come back negative.
    I thought the Clomid regulates out your cycle not delay them.
    Has this ever happened to anyone? Or why is this happening

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

Without monitoring its impossible to say what’s going on. Is your doctor doing blood tests to see if you are ovulating? I assume you aren’t getting ultrasounds to check follicle growth.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Elaine22

bee06 wrote: »
    Without monitoring its impossible to say what’s going on. Is your doctor doing blood tests to see if you are ovulating? I assume you aren’t getting ultrasounds to check follicle growth.

Hi bee06

No they haven't been doing anything. I am doing ovulation tests and i got a positive on day 17 so i know i def ovulated.
    I am due to start 100mg of the clomid whenever AF arrives

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

Elaine22 wrote: »
    Hi bee06

No they haven't been doing anything. I am doing ovulation tests and i got a positive on day 17 so i know i def ovulated.
    I am due to start 100mg of the clomid whenever AF arrives

Ovulation tests confirm the LH surge before ovulation. They don’t actually confirm ovulation happened.

bee06 wrote: »
    Ovulation tests confirm the LH surge before ovulation. They don’t actually confirm ovulation happened.

Ok, I'm very unaware about Clomid only what it does.
    My gynae is not monitoring me while on it but, is aware what it is doing to my cycles and to be brutally honest i don't think he even cares.
    I've ordered the Clear blue digital ovulation tests online so, I'm hoping these will help.
    But what am i so confused is why my cycles are this long when the Clomid is supposed to more so regulate them

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭frogstar

Are you temping yourself? As bee has said, ovulation tests don't confirm you have ovulated

Only monitoring by scans or temping will confirm this. Temping is also a great way of really understanding your cycle.
    Without temping or monitoring you really are blind as to what is going on

• Advertisement

frogstar wrote: »
    Are you temping yourself? As bee has said, ovulation tests don't confirm you have ovulated

Only monitoring by scans or temping will confirm this. Temping is also a great way of really understanding your cycle.
    Without temping or monitoring you really are blind as to what is going on

No, have not being temping. Will be discussing the monitoring with my doctors.
    Thanks

Advertisement