Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unpaid USC

Options
  • 17-11-2017 12:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭

Hi All,

I have a question regarding payment of USC.

I started a new job last year, but my USC exempt status carried on. My employer has informed me that if I don't contact revenue to sort it out they will most likely debit it from my paycheck at the end of the year.

I have not been able to find a contact number in Revenue to deal with USC and I don't have all the necessary information to open an online account with them. The office in my locality has also closed permanently.

Is there some sort of contact I can initiate to sort this out?

Best Regards,
    Rob
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,079 ✭✭✭relax carry on

Hi All,

I started a new job last year, but my USC exempt status carried on. My employer has informed me that if I don't contact revenue to sort it out they will most likely debit it from my paycheck at the end of the year.

I have not been able to find a contact number in Revenue to deal with USC and I don't have all the necessary information to open an online account with them. The office in my locality has also closed permanently.

Best Regards,
    Rob

https://www.revenue.ie/en/contact-us/index.aspx

Put your PPS in the contact locator and then click the PAYE link for the 1890 number to call.

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭gerbilgranny

You will have a liability for the unpaid USC, but I would think that the method that Revenue will use to recoup the money would be by issuing a balancing statement/s and reducing your tax credits in a future year so that you pay back the money on a weekly/monthly basis. If the amount is quite large, they may request that you pay the liability by cheque etc. Or you can choose to pay it that way if you prefer not to have your tax credits reduced in the future.

When Revenue issues a tax credit certificate with a USC exemption in place, a note on it says that you have been deemed to be exempt from USC, but if in fact your income is likely to exceed €13,000 in the year, to contact them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭HONKEY TONK

Hi All,

Best Regards,
    Rob

Did you not notice this for the past year or not care about it until the last minute?

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Robmeister2011

I have just been informed by my employer and have moved so I don't have a P60. Anyway, I'm looking for information, not a scolding.

Thanks for the information guys, I'll follow up with them.

Best,
    Rob

Advertisement