If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV and Receiver upgrade

Options
  • 17-11-2017 12:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi,

its finally time to update the old equipment in the house.

i have a old 50" projector tv ( its so big :( ) and a harmen kardon reciever for my 6:1 speakers

i would be looking to wallmount the television now and i would alse be downgrading in size.

I would be looking for a 43-45" television. possible 4 k for  future proof but if its significatntly cheaper to get a full HD then id stick with that. have you anything on special in that size telly? i would be looking for something around the €500 mark but cheaper is better of course :) 

My receiver is a old version with no HDMI port on it (AVR240 i think) i would need a new a new one that can do HDMI for a PS4, iptv box and a chromecast. have you anything around the €2-300 range?

Thanks

Ronan

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

saeire wrote: »
    Hi,

its finally time to update the old equipment in the house.

i have a old 50" projector tv ( its so big :( ) and a harmen kardon reciever for my 6:1 speakers

i would be looking to wallmount the television now and i would alse be downgrading in size.

I would be looking for a 43-45" television. possible 4 k for  future proof but if its significatntly cheaper to get a full HD then id stick with that. have you anything on special in that size telly? i would be looking for something around the €500 mark but cheaper is better of course :) 

My receiver is a old version with no HDMI port on it (AVR240 i think) i would need a new a new one that can do HDMI for a PS4, iptv box and a chromecast. have you anything around the €2-300 range?

Thanks

Ronan
    Hi Saeire.

Thanks for the post.

For the TV you could look at the LG 43UJ630 coming in at 429.00 Euro
    http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-202909-lg-lg-43uj630v.aspx

Or the next in line the 43UJ670 priced at 499.00 Euro
    http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-202500-43uj670v.aspx

A great receiver to look at would be the Denon AVRX540Bt priced at 279.99 Euro
    http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-202670-avrx540bt.aspx

Either of the TV's come with our 6 year guarantee free of charge.

Let me know your thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 saeire

Hi Kenny,

Receiver looks good to me.

ive been able to convince the missus that we can get a 49/50" tv now. 

based on the price i can spend though i might have to drop the 4K and just go full HD. 

Also, would i be better off waiting until Friday to buy these on black Friday?

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

saeire wrote: »
    Hi Kenny,

Receiver looks good to me.

ive been able to convince the missus that we can get a 49/50" tv now. 

based on the price i can spend though i might have to drop the 4K and just go full HD. 

Also, would i be better off waiting until Friday to buy these on black Friday?
    Hi Saeire.

There are very few non 4K television on the market that we stock.

The cheapest 49" would be the LG 49UJ630 priced at 519.00
    http://www.richersounds.ie/p-202917-lg-lg-49uj630v.aspx

I've not been informaed of our Black Fridat prices yet unfortunately.

We are offing to refund the difference of any items purchased this week should their price drop on Black Friday.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.