Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The first human head transplant has taken place

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

They could probably put a 70 year old head on a 18 year old body but the brain would still be old and die before the body does.

John Giles could make a comeback on the Irish team if he got a young body; HORRAY!.........
    (And also Eamon Dunphy; oh sh1t!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Malayalam

I find it all a bit fcuky to be honest. Ugh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭irishproduce

This is all nonsense.
    How can they say they successfully reattached the spinal column when we all know very well that when the spinal cord is cut, it leads to a life paralyzed or at best, very very intense rehabilitation with the hope of getting a bit of movement.
    I fail to see how they could completely attach two different cords and be thrilled with the success.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,645 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

"A full head swap between brain dead organ donors is the next stage,” Professor Canavero said."

Christ. I hope they won't come raiding Boards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭Charmeleon

"A full head swap between brain dead organ donors is the next stage,” Professor Canavero said."

Christ. I hope they won't come raiding Boards.

We’ll protect you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭donegaLroad

This is all nonsense.
    How can they say they successfully reattached the spinal column when we all know very well that when the spinal cord is cut, it leads to a life paralyzed or at best, very very intense rehabilitation with the hope of getting a bit of movement.
    I fail to see how they could completely attach two different cords and be thrilled with the success.

and also, how are they going to transplant a living head onto a living headless body? How will they keep the head alive? Doesn't part of the brain control involuntary actions such as breathing, how will they keep the heart beating without the brain attached?

Surely this is hogwash?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

They did it on a corpse !! ? For F*cks sake sure I could do that !!!

Jaysus just give me some superglue and a staple gun and were grand like ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,490 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Do you get to pick a younger body, or does it have to be the same age? Can, say, a 70 year old brain deal with the way an 18-year old body works? An old as f**k head on a fit young body is gonna be a bit weird.

They could probably put a 70 year old head on a 18 year old body but the brain would still be old and die before the body does.

The brain doesn't have it's own timeline

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,177 ✭✭✭PeterParker957

It's pronounced Huuurrrrfuuuurrrrrrrr.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,373 ✭✭✭✭endacl

"A wife had a baby, but it was born with only a head and no body. 'Don't worry,' says the doctor. 'Bring him back in five years time, and we'll probably have a body for him'. So five years go by, and there's Eddie the 'Ead, as his parents have called him, sitting on the mantelpiece, when in walks his dad. 'Son,' he says, 'today's a very special day. It's your fifth birthday, and we've got a very special surprise for you.' 'Oh no,' says Eddie. 'Not another ****ing hat!'"[

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,547 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

I presume that when he said they were going to do a "full head swap" he was just using yankie slang for explaining that they were going to take turns sucking each other off

Advertisement