Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

water

Options
  • 17-11-2017 12:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭

hi all. when Irish water say they are surveying a water leak and water pressure scenario, what do they mean as I don't see them coming near my place.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69,022 ✭✭✭✭L1011

The leak may be nowhere near you.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

hi all. when Irish water say they are surveying a water leak and water pressure scenario, what do they mean as I don't see them coming near my place.

You could ask them here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1643

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭fantastic98

whiterebel wrote: »

thanks. I'm wondering what is the law regarding a situation where homeowner doesn't actually fix a leak on their property. I'm Not the homeowner by the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

thanks. I'm wondering what is the law regarding a situation where homeowner doesn't actually fix a leak on their property. I'm Not the homeowner by the way.

Law?

There isn't a "law" for every scenario that happens in life.

Quite simple - Irish water will soon be able to charge for excessive use of water. But its for the home owner to fix it. Just like if there was a fault with electricity wiring - you call an electrician and that electrician fixes it and you pay that electrician. Its not for Irish water to fix issues on private property, but they do have a first fix scheme for any issues between the gate and the walls of the property. They have ZERO responsibility for any issue within the property.

No law - just plain basic common sense

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

CeilingFly wrote: »
    Law?

Quite simple - if Irish water will soon be able to charge for excessive use of water. If its caused by a leak, they offer first fix on a property free. If owner refuses to allow it to be fixed, then they'll pay for excessive use of water.

Same if there was an issue with their electricity meter. If it clocked up units quicker than it should, then the owner fixes it. If they don't fix it, they pay for the use that the meter states.

While I agree on the water issues I don't get the electricity meter comparison. The meter owner is ESB Networks. Nobody but they can 'fix' a faulty metre and the customer hasn't any say in the replacement of a metered identified as faulty. If you mean a fault inside the customer's property then fair enough but there's no comparison to a free first fix there either.

It just threw me a little.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭fantastic98

CeilingFly wrote: »
    Law?

Quite simple - Irish water will soon be able to charge for excessive use of water. But its for the home owner to fix it. Just like if there was a fault with electricity wiring - you call an electrician and that electrician fixes it and you pay that electrician. Its not for Irish water to fix issues on private property, but they do have a first fix scheme for any issues between the gate and the walls of the property. They have ZERO responsibility for any issue within the property.

thanks for reply. problem I have is that I am a tenant in house I'm in so would have to pay.

Advertisement