Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Frustrated

Options
  • 17-11-2017 1:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I would like some advice regarding my solicitor.After 7 long years of chasing down my financial advisor through the financial service ombudsman and the courts Winning my case every time and costs awarded.I funally thought it was over.I had to prompt my solicitor after 3 years of going back to court for an Instalment order.Before my court date I was offered on a take it or leave it basis of €100 per month and advised to accept from my solicitor.The amount owing was considerable and by his statement of means he was still living the good life -Well compared to mine - I declined and wanted what was fair as I have a young family.It was then agreed before the court date in March of €500 per month.We are now in November and I have yet to receive any money.I have been on to my solicitor and each month it was going to be sent to me as the defendant lodged to him and not to me.After numerous calls I have now been told the legal bill has to be settles before I start reveiving money.The question that I have is - Is this a normal practice or should we have worked something out back on March?I have asked for the bill and only received it recently. ANY HELP WOULD BE greatly appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69,021 ✭✭✭✭L1011

This falls far too close to the rule against seeking legal advice, sorry.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement