Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CatEye Rapid X

Options
  • 17-11-2017 2:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭

Anyone have one? Any problems charging it? Wanted a small cheap light for my rides on these upcoming grey days. Bought one of these from ProBike for €20 charged it before use and it wouldn't charge/turn on. I returned it and got a replacement and guess what?

Yep same again...it doesn't charge/turn on. Couldn't be bothered sending it back again. So much for these branded items...I'm going to Aldi to get one of theirs lol

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

Torres09 wrote: »
    Anyone have one? Any problems charging it? Wanted a small cheap light for my rides on these upcoming grey days. Bought one of these from ProBike for €20 charged it before use and it wouldn't charge/turn on. I returned it and got a replacement and guess what?

Yep same again...it doesn't charge/turn on. Couldn't be bothered sending it back again. So much for these branded items...I'm going to Aldi to get one of theirs lol

Long shot - Did you try press and hold to turn on? :o

Bought a front & rear cat eye set recently and they're both press and hold to turn on/off, single press changes light mode when on

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

My lab partners one you have to hold firmly for about 3 to 5 seconds before it comes on.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Torres09

Danbo! wrote: »
    Long shot - Did you try press and hold to turn on? :o

Bought a front & rear cat eye set recently and they're both press and hold to turn on/off, single press changes light mode when on

Yeah tried press for 5 seconds, quick press, different USB cables, in PC, in laptop in iPhone charger. When I connect it to laptop/iPhone plug the flicking "charging" light doesn't even come on....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭brownian

I have one. It died - turned itself off mid-ride. then after charging, couldn't be turned off. Shame, as it's a fine bright light, and one of the few actually designed to go on the seat stay!

Yeah tried press for 5 seconds, quick press, different USB cables, in PC, in laptop in iPhone charger. When I connect it to laptop/iPhone plug the flicking "charging" light doesn't even come on....

Its gone then, had the same issue with a lezyne one, no charging light means it is buggered (IMO), maybe they got a bad batch in the shop. I would return for a refund or go for a different light.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Torres09

CramCycle wrote: »
    Its gone then, had the same issue with a lezyne one, no charging light means it is buggered (IMO), maybe they got a bad batch in the shop. I would return for a refund or go for a different light.

Cheers for that info, back it goes again, my cheap light is working expensive! That's 2 X €7.15 registered post returns and still no light lol

Cheers for that info, back it goes again, my cheap light is working expensive! That's 2 X €7.15 registered post returns and still no light lol

I'd write to them or call them before returning, and explain the cost of postage, they might give you a credit note and let you not return it (or cover the cost of returning).

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Sounds a bit like a protected cell going dormant for safety.

Pop it in your waistband for 30 minutes then try and charge it. 50/50 but it might just get you over the line.

Advertisement