Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nada Surf - Whelans April 21st

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭ned rierson

seachto7 wrote: »
    Touring for the anniversary of The Proximity Effect

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/nada-surf-dublin-04-21-2018/event/1800536EA45E4BB2

Saw them in the Grand Social last time they were here. Very good gig. Tempted, but already got Yo La Tengo tickets.... :/

let go anniversary but still going to be a great gig

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Peter File

They have added a Belfast concert in the Limelight on Sunday April 22.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Can't wait for this - 2 sets - Let Go in full and then the rest - they did 31 songs in France :)
    https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/nada-surf/2018/lepicerie-moderne-feyzin-france-5beedffc.html

I'd love to hear Always Love, Amateur, Robot and Neither Heaven nor Space

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Robotito

Touring for the anniversary of The Proximity Effect

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/nada-surf-dublin-04-21-2018/event/1800536EA45E4BB2

Saw them in the Grand Social last time they were here. Very good gig. Tempted, but already got Yo La Tengo tickets.... :/
    I thought Yo La Tengo was on the following week..?
    I have tickets for both and hope there's not a clash!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Peter File

Robotito wrote: »
    I thought Yo La Tengo was on the following week..?
    I have tickets for both and hope there's not a clash!!

no need to worry, the gigs are a week apart

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,806 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Oh now this is tempting I was at their gig in whelans....however many years ago that was.....it was BRILLIANT!

gmisk wrote: »
    Oh now this is tempting I was at their gig in whelans....however many years ago that was.....it was BRILLIANT!

Don't dwell on this. Close to sold out

Don't dwell on this. Close to sold out
    I didnt bought two tickets yesterday evening when I got home :)

To be honest I havent listened to an album of theirs since Lucky

Wow this has creeped up quick! Cant wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,708 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Was at the gig last night. Venue overly packed. Uncomfortable. I was to the right of the mixing desk. Night got off to a bad start when I had a drink knocked over me by a woman who never even apologised. Then when the band came on, the sound mix was TERRIBLE. Matthew's guitar sounded like it was being played underwater. Ruined what seemed to be a fantastic show for many. I preferred them in The Grand Social because the sound was better. Maybe the sound towarsd the back was poor because they had their own sound mixer with them, who didn't know the acoustics of Whelans, or something like that

• Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Sound was bang on upstairs.

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    Sound was bang on upstairs.
    I agree and was upstairs as well :)
    Great view and not thronging.
    They were just as good as last time I saw them in Whelans and played a lot of the old songs thankfully

Enjoyed the gig but it was a bit short compared to other gigs on this tour where they are playing 25 to 30 songs. I was standing near the front and thought the sound was good. Guitar could have been louder but that's a small gripe

• Registered Users Posts: 5 RebelRedd

Brilliant gig! Couldn't wait for this and it lived up to all my hopes, truly outstanding songs from a band that sound as fresh as ever.

Was lucky to get in just on time for the start as it was doors 8pm but I think they were on before 9pm, perhaps because of the curfew later. We squeezed in at the back just in front of the sound desk. Have to agree that it seemed very packed, much more so than other gigs I'd been to but it added to the atmosphere and we still had a little room around us (even if I also got drink on me, a classic peril of being at most gigs). A couple of guys got crazy rowdy at "Popular" and seemed to distract the band for a bit but the next slow song saw them slope off again, thankfully.

The band seemed to be genuinely delighted at the fantastic, packed-to-the-rafters reception they were getting and playing such a long set right through rather than taking a break was fantastic. What a classic album Let Go is, to be able to play it right through without a weak link is testament to it.

Delighted to have seen them in such an intimate venue, how they are not gigantically massive and playing the 3 Arena I don't know, I love 'em!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Was the annoying bloke who was at the Grand Social roaring at them every other song at this gig again?

Was the annoying bloke who was at the Grand Social roaring at them every other song at this gig again?

Yes, I was upstairs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    Yes, I was upstairs.

Thanks for ruining that gig for me and a good number of other people. If it was you, just before they came on stage in the Grand Social, you waded in through the crowd roaring, and bumped into me, spilling my beer. No apology either. Idiot.

Thanks for ruining that gig for me and a good number of other people. If it was you, just before they came on stage in the Grand Social, you waded in through the crowd roaring, and bumped into me, spilling my beer. No apology either. Idiot.

Seachto - thought we made up regarding The Grand Social gig? I apologized profusely?

tenor.gif?itemid=4499091

Advertisement