Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LIDL Black Friday 2017

• 17-11-2017 3:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 692 ✭✭✭jinkybhoy

....... wrote: »

I have the Lenovo Tab (it's a great Tablet) but you can pick that up way cheaper in Argos and Amazon - I got mine for under €120 about 6 months ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Anyone any idea what model the LG TV is? Just says 43" with very little additional info.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭bkeane

The Hoover is cheaper on Littlewoods.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,246 ✭✭✭Esse85

bkeane wrote: »
    The Hoover is cheaper on Littlewoods.ie

Littlewoods are an absolute shambles to deal with if something goes wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭monaghanmissus

Looked up reviews of the hoover, looks decent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,968 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

jinkybhoy wrote: »
    I have the Lenovo Tab (it's a great Tablet) but you can pick that up way cheaper in Argos and Amazon - I got mine for under €120 about 6 months ago.

Is it fully able to stream 1080p tv shows and Netflix etc? Chromecast and all that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭ciano316

jinkybhoy wrote: »

Can't see it on argos or amazon for cheaper. How long ago was it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Technocentral

I bought that Vivofit tracker in Lidl Slaney Road for 29.99 a month ago, 49.99 is a ripoff price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,042 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Savman wrote: »
    Anyone any idea what model the LG TV is? Just says 43" with very little additional info.

Hate that in advertising.

Why don't they tell us the model number?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭mikeysmith

Serious price on an LG 43"

Prob only a half a TV per store

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Kuva

NIMAN wrote: »
    Hate that in advertising.

Why don't they tell us the model number?

Can be telling the competition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,186 ✭✭✭littlevillage

mikeysmith wrote: »
    Serious price on an LG 43"

Prob only a half a TV per store

Its an OK deal, but not worth queing up for. LG tv's seem to be in sales all over the place for the past year or so.

Picked up a 49" LG 4K UHD Smart for €449 this time last year which actually makes this 43" (without Smart or 4K) for €329 actually look kinda expensive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭mikeysmith

What are the UHD TV's like with an SD picture?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 692 ✭✭✭jinkybhoy

ciano316 wrote: »
    Can't see it on argos or amazon for cheaper. How long ago was it?

It could have been January of this year now that I think about it.

mikeysmith wrote: »
    What are the UHD TV's like with an SD picture?

depends on the tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭sleepysniper

jinkybhoy wrote:

It's like €100 more on Argos at the minute if I'm looking at the same one?

How many of these are they likely to have on stock? I assume you'd have to be queueing up before 8 to have a chance of getting one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 366 ✭✭doccy

I have that tablet too- if memory serves there's a few different versions of it - main difference was the screen if I remember correct. If that has the HD screen that's a decent price for a great tablet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭frosty123

is that LG tv worth a shot? its a non smart from what i see

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,217 ✭✭✭mel123

frosty123 wrote: »

Wouldnt go near a tv that isnt a smart tv anymore

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 655 ✭✭✭marvsins

That tablet should be avoided too. The Lenovo Tab 3 10.1 is widely available for €140. Tab2 was released June'15, poor stuff from Lidl.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭sleepysniper

Screen resolution seems to be lower on the Tab 3 according to the specs listed on Amazon... Unless I'm missing something?

Edit: The Tab 3 Plus has the higher resolution than the standard Tab 3 but is also €90 extra.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

mel123 wrote: »
    Wouldnt go near a tv that isnt a smart tv anymore

Why? A non-smart TV coupled with an Nvidia Shield would be all you could ever need.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,217 ✭✭✭mel123

Why? A non-smart TV coupled with an Nvidia Shield would be all you could ever need.

Yeah if your going down that road for more of an entertainment system, but thats different and not everyone will want or have the know how for that set up. I use a fire stick for my entertainment and it works out well.

But for a tv, the handiness of having some apps available, like RTE etc for the player, and then the option to have netflix (if you subscribe) and YouTube all at the click of a button. Its extremely handy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,603 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

frosty123 wrote: »

The picture and sound from these LG tvs are very good, only 2 hdmi inputs, sometimes they have a Sat tuner built in so if you have a satellite dish, you can get FTA channels without an extra box (not sure with this one as no model number)

For 350 euros, it's an excellent television if you don't care about smart features, it will last a lot longer than some no brand turkish tv

We have an elderly person in our family who needs a new tv and We'll get this for her (if we're able to). She doesn't need smart features, they'd only confuse her anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

Akrasia wrote: »
    The picture and sound from these LG tvs are very good, only 2 hdmi inputs, sometimes they have a Sat tuner built in so if you have a satellite dish, you can get FTA channels without an extra box (not sure with this one as no model number)

For 350 euros, it's an excellent television if you don't care about smart features, it will last a lot longer than some no brand turkish tv

We have an elderly person in our family who needs a new tv and We'll get this for her (if we're able to). She doesn't need smart features, they'd only confuse her anyway.

Well, if she's confused by the smart features, she'll definitely be confused trying to switch between the Satellite and Terrestrial tuners on an LG tv (if it's equipped with both).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 725 ✭✭✭sue97

Any feedback on the camera for the price?

Looks to be a 43LJ5000

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

hellboy99 wrote: »
    Looks to be a 43LJ5000

It's a 43lj515v, I bought it when Lidl had it in at €400. Argos have the smart version on sale now for less than €400, model is 43lj594v.
    Tbh I'd avoid it and throw an extra €100 and get a decent TV with 4k and smart features.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 254 ✭✭poeticmakaveli

Euronics are selling a smart 43' LG TV for the same price on Friday too..not sure if it's 4k but definitely a smart TV!

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭frosty123

Whats the TV like picture wise?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭fdevine

sue97 wrote: »
    Any feedback on the camera for the price?

Very good for the price. Cheapest I've found it is €220 in Argos, with the case free. Case normally sells for €25-38 on it's own AFAIK.

Camera seems to be c.€250 in most places so €150 is a steal.

Hoping to pick one up myself but not holding out much hope TBH.

Can't comment on the quality of the camera but seems to be a decent bridge model with a huge zoom & iamge stabilisation.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 JustAMoment121

Did anyone get one of these? It's not easy to tell but it seems that it's not a smart TV.

We have a setup with Saorview and satellite cables, somebody mentioned that it's very difficult to switch over from satellite to terrestrial channels - is it that bad? The manual on the LG website has little info :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭reservoirdubdub

....... wrote: »
    Last year they only had a few of each item - the more expensive the item, the less they had.

Id say get there for 7.30 if you want it - they probably only have 3-5 of them.

Although I got this one on Amazon for 100 pounds last year and its been great:
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01CCYEIW2/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I bought it based on reviews.

swords (dub.rd. branch) had 3 of the e149.99 tabs. in stock @11 am this morn. & none of the e59.99 tabs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

Just visited lidl Youghal Sat afternoon- didn't want anything from the list of stuff - but I note they had a LOT that didn't sell. None of it was on display. Manager told me the small tablet was cancelled or at least he wasn't getting any. He said they one LG TV left in the store and a few of the large tablet. But as I say they had signs up for about 10 items from Friday and Saturday still for sale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭wingnut

Wondering if the true wireless heaphones will be any good.

I have a couple of Plantronices M90 I use at the moment. For podcasts as opposed to music.

Advertisement