Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

which wall mount for 55 inch screen?

• 17-11-2017 3:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭

need to wall mount a 55 inch flatscreen.
    Its on a stud wall with off studs that are not ideally placed.

I can either
    -have the mount off center and slide the tv to the center of the wall
    -have a mount that spans 3 studs (very wide)
    -only mount onto one stud, the center most one.

what are my mount options? see below for a visual explanation of the situation.

38367028026_e2ea254f67_b.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 717 ✭✭✭akaSol

On a plaster board wall you need the maximum amount of coverage for any bracket. The short answer is to make sure it meets more support than board, ideally into the brickwork behind but that's not often ideal.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,245 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

How did you get on?
    You know you can get concrete screws what will be long enough to go through the stud wall and into blocks (is they are present) for way better support

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭fret_wimp2

got it sorted without any issue.
    Went with a Sanus Tilting mount, got an ok deal on it over Black Friday week.

two big heavy wood bolts in the middle top and bottom holes, securing it to the centermost stud.

Then 4 rawl wall anchors at each corner.

Its solid as a rock, i could have probably swung out if it without it budging!

Advertisement