Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another cyclist killed today in rathfarnham

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

<Snip>
    Condolences only

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,848 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Mod note: This a condolences thread, no speculation please out of respect to the deceased and their family.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,256 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

RIP.
    My condolences to the family and friends.

This is another black day for cycling and road safety in general. Let’s hope that something good comes out of these terrible days. It’s mere luck there are not more days like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

RIP to the cyclist. Truly shocking and a sad, sad day for his family. A tragic bereavement for them and deepest sympathies to them also.

Without derailing the thread, we know nothing of the circumstances - let's leave that to those who are tasked with investigating it. But for those who have mentioned thinking twice about cycling that road or even retiring the bike (please don't) think of it this way: When we hear of a fatal car accident we continue to drive, we hear of an aeroplane crash but we continue to fly and so on and as doozerie said - it's rare.

Stay safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,040 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

<Snip>
    Condolences thread only

Glazers Out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭DanDublin1982

Terribly sad. Rest in Peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭C3PO

A lovely young fella - may he rest in peace!

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭mp31

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Absolutely terrible.RIP.Nervous enough nowadays heading out especially with winter setting in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Jeromea

RIP - as a daily cyclist commuter this makes my heart sink.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭monkeyslayer

Terrible. Im only too familiar with this road, even spinned down it this morning and had been wondering what the flowers were for... Just terrible to hear.... RIP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

'There but for the grace of God go all of us here.

Poor lad, may you rest in ever lasting peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 med10n

anyone know how it happened ?. i also use that road at times.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,848 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

med10n wrote: »
    anyone know how it happened ?. i also use that road at times.

Mod note: This thread is for condolences only, no speculation out of respect for the deceased and their family.

Advertisement